Anyone tried Proshave S blades (AC)?

Connaught have these on special, £9 for 24. I need some AC blades and was going to get Feather Pro and/or Kai Captain Pinks but saw these and realised I've not heard anyone here mention them one way or the other.

I think we all know about Connaught so I assume I'm allowed to post the link but mods feel free to edit or advise me if not.

ProShave blades are taste sensitive.
As Chris says, he didn't rate them, but I get on OK with them.
@Digimonkey pushed one to double figures I believe?

You're in for a treat with the Feather Pro blades.
Kai Pink are good too.

Last edited:
ProShave blades are taste sensitive.
As Chris says, he didn't rate them, but I get on OK with them.
@Digimonkey pushed one to double figure I believe?

You're in for a treat with the Feather Pro blades.
Kai Pink are good too.
Just had shave 15 with a Kai Captain blade. Picked up some Kai Pink for £11 from Amazon recently but have not tried them yet.

Connaught have these on special, £9 for 24. I need some AC blades and was going to get Feather Pro and/or Kai Captain Pinks but saw these and realised I've not heard anyone here mention them one way or the other.

I think we all know about Connaught so I assume I'm allowed to post the link but mods feel free to edit or advise me if not.
I don’t rate them, tried them a couple of times but they don’t feel very sharp and tend to tug. With me. However, perseverance with a couple of passes and the finish seems ok. I prefer Kai Pink and Feather Pro.

@Digimonkey pushed one to double figures I believe?
Indeed P. - 12 comfortably if I remember. I don't see why the Proshave is considered such a poor relative in AC blade terms. Perhaps because there are so many truly outstanding choices available in the format at the moment. I'd agree with @culcreuch above - not a bad place to start and more cost effective. They aren't mentally sharp - but sharpness is not the be-all and end-all of how well a blade works for you. I've used them in the Vector, Excalibur and Cobra without issue and if I ran out of P30's then I'd rather use a Proshave than a Feather. Any day. Each to their own. :)Heresy! Burn the witch! Booooo! - I.

Indeed P. - 12 comfortably if I remember. I don't see why the Proshave is considered such a poor relative in AC blade terms. Perhaps because there are so many truly outstanding choices available in the format at the moment. I'd agree with @culcreuch above - not a bad place to start and more cost effective. They aren't mentally sharp - but sharpness is not the be-all and end-all of how well a blade works for you. I've used them in the Vector, Excalibur and Cobra without issue and if I ran out of P30's then I'd rather use a Proshave than a Feather. Any day. Each to their own. :)Heresy! Burn the witch! Booooo! - I.
Exactly, each to their own, there's no need for a bonfire! :)

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom