Anyone for tennis?

I'm used to talking to myself so I'll carry on with another gripe.

I'm just watching the second women's semi final- littered with unforced errors and double faults.

How on earth can it be justified to pay the same prize money to the women and the men?

Looks like an all grunting final too.

I like the thread.

Re Mr. Nadal I'm on the Jeremy Clarkson camp so I won't say more.

The gent Federer is obviously tired and rightfully has better things to do, like go home and kiss or hug his son/daughter (don't know the gender of his baby child). It is very nice to be consistently on the top but frankly speaking there are more important things in life.

I did not believe Tsonga could turn the match around but he did it and kudos to him. I like him and I still remember his fantastic performances at the Aussie Open few years back. Let's hope he continues like that this week.

Nice to see the aggressive Williams sisters go out early; Murray is not playing well and if he goes on like that there's no chance whatsoever once he gets a Nadal or Djokovic against him.

There's an issue here, very nice guys both of them (Tim and Andy) but no results, at least from the Scot who looked like he has the potential to make it to the top. Nevertheless one has to acknowledge it is extremely hard to be No. 1 and stay there. I feel Britain deserves a man or woman in the Wimbledon final, and a win; however I cannot see this happening this year as well.

I did not have much chance following the matches this year so far, but fortunately we still have the semis and finals left.

I'm very relaxed. I love watching the greats of any sport and see them earn the right to be legends. Nadal is nearly there so while I'd like to see Murray win I'll not be sorry to see Nadal at his best, and that will be too good for Murray. It won't be a disgrace, he's done brilliantly to get to the semi final and consolidate his ranking at no 4.

But one never knows!

Back
Top Bottom