Any Czech and speake no. 88 clones out there

Didn’t know where to post this as I would be interested to know if there are any clones of the Czech and speake no.88 fragrance but would also be interested to know if anybody has done a shaving soap fragrance based on this scent. Although I would like to get the Czech and speake itself I would also be interested to know if anyone has done their take on it. Any information would be much appreciated

If you email them Jay they will send you a couple of samples.
Got a reply this morning Gary saying I would have to pay for a sample, most department stores give them out free to entice you in, as they have decided to start charging think I will give them a miss and go with Creed green Irish tweed instead a got to smell that one without charge lol

Got a reply this morning Gary saying I would have to pay for a sample, most department stores give them out free to entice you in, as they have decided to start charging think I will give them a miss and go with Creed green Irish tweed instead a got to smell that one without charge lol
Yep , give them a miss Jay.

Was going to spend a lot of money with them and buy the razor and brush set with the stand and soap dish too lol they can keep it along with their sample..it’s a cartridge razor anyway
Absolutely it is a nice fragrance but an expensive one , so why they expect a blind buy , to be honest a lot of the London companies are in my opinion a little self important.

@Blademonkey has very kindly offered to send me some soap to try Rose being my favourite scent I’m sure once I get my nostrils around it I won’t be able to resist, thank you Paul really appreciate that. Really looking forward to trying it and I’m sure a purchase of a big bottle of the EDP will be following very shortly

Absolutely it is a nice fragrance but an expensive one , so why they expect a blind buy , to be honest a lot of the London companies are in my opinion a little self important.
Thanks to one of the many very generous members on this forum @Blademonkey I will now be able to try before blind buying..I honestly think it will be a favourite for me and Paul says it’s too good to miss and I’m sure he is right being that he is a big fan of rose scents too

Not the same, but very much in the same vein ...

Trumpers Eucris ... more fruity
Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme ... more earthy
Balenciaga Ho Hang Club ... more leathery (almost urinal)
Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui ... more floral

While all of these, I'd say, are for the more mature fellow you'll need to be a "powerhouse" kind of chap for the VC&A and the Balenciaga.

Last edited:

I liked Caron's approach to this when I asked them for a sample... They said that unfortunately they cannot give them away individually however if I bought a fragrance from them they would include a sample for me to try before opening the fragrance proper, and if not to taste could then return it for a full refund. Makes sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom