Another Royal Mail Rant

Ids

Returned a tub of MB back to badger and hone last Monday, 1st class still not received.
Sent Tazzbaby a jar of Nivea Sensitive ASB same day, still not received.

What's going on! Their getting worse.

My wife runs a shop on ebay, she posts out 30-50 parcels per day, usually there isn't a problem, but a couple of weeks ago Royal Mail lost the lot!
30 parcels are missing, and RM have no idea where they are.

If they don't turn up soon we will have to lose the value, and refund all the customers. We pay £400 per year for this "Service"
:roll:

Professor Blighty said:
My wife runs a shop on ebay, she posts out 30-50 parcels per day, usually there isn't a problem, but a couple of weeks ago Royal Mail lost the lot!
30 parcels are missing, and RM have no idea where they are.

If they don't turn up soon we will have to lose the value, and refund all the customers. We pay £400 per year for this "Service"
:roll:

Probably nicked, not everyone that works for RM is honest.

I knew a guy that did some part time work in a sorting office one year in the run up to Christmas, a company turned up with a large stack of calendars that they were sending out to customers, they had a reputation for girly calendars of fairly strong content which were being sent to garages etc I was told about a third of them went home with the guys from the sorting office instead of reaching their intended destination, apparently it wasn't really theft as they were freebies :roll:

That said I've usually had great service, problems are rare.

Ids said:
Returned a tub of MB back to badger and hone last Monday, 1st class still not received.
Sent Tazzbaby a jar of Nivea Sensitive ASB same day, still not received.

What's going on! Their getting worse.

Just wait until Christmas when the casuals start....

Ian

Touch wood I've had nothing but good experience from RM. Receiving or sending.

Mind you I do print my own postage off the RM site and that might give it an air of officialdom it doesn't deserve.

Nevermind Royal Mail, sodding City Link are being the bane of my life at the moment!! :evil:

1st Delivery - Thursday fails as we are work 'cos they only deliver Mon-Fri :(

No surprise that the second (and final) delivery is the day after, so that also fails :evil:

The only options are - pick it up from the Depot (50 miles round trip - hello M6 :roll: ) or I can have it sent back to the originator - now that's handy :|

Yes they are complete f**kwits,

During a complete lack of rational thought and previous let downs by Royal Mail i posted four letters last Monday(letter box).

Only one of those letters reached its destination, blame myself really as i stopped using the letter box long ago due to its spectacular fail rate and instead go into the post office and get them to put one of their more official looking stamps on and get proof of sending.

This means that even though i live on the border of SE London actually getting to a post office during my working day is a complete nightmare, due to them all being located in the most awkward places (my sympathies go out to people living in rural locations).

Not royal mail but i just fancy a rant at delivery in general.

Wicks.

"DONT deliver after 2.30 PM" i say becuase i wont be in - "is that ok?"
"No problem at all" they say," note is on the drivers docket - load up in the middle so it can be delivered about lunchtime."

So as ever i spend the day Not going to the loo, not so much as leaving the window so i can get the jump on him ringing the bell (Avoids the ring and wait of 5 seconds before scarpering Shitty link are famed for) - Is anything Delivered - No.
Anyway, i get a phone call at 2.00 today from the driver - "Hi, just ringing to tell you im nearly done , your my last drop of the day - be with you in 30 mins ok?"

"No" says i , "i wont be in."

"Yea" says he - "i saw that on the docket" - i could hear the shrug down the phone line.

Words cannot convey the rage.

At least they rang you! I've previously had to make a 50 mile round trip to collect a parcel that the Friday afternoon courier returned to the depot as he couldn't find our address. My wife had specifically put her mobile number on the address label and a note saying any problems phone us. Cue long letter of complaint, followed by apologies, refund of shiping and a freebie of something or other. Chancing c**t!

Parcelforce, Dhl and postie all know where to leave stuff now and all get a Xmas card. Parcelforce driver even puts wifes horse feed in her stables for her!

I think the run up to Christmas is worst because there are all these new "temps" in training who don't really give a shit because they know they are out the door come Christmas Eve.

Last Christmas I bought myself a rather expensive LP from a vendor down south who sent it first class. After 2 weeks it still wasn't here so I had a few words with him and he suggested that I check with the post depot as they probably have it sitting there. So I said to him "My postie is really good with dropping in the cards saying that a parcel is waiting to be picked up".

The next day while out at work the postie had tried to deliver another parcel. When I got home from work there was a card. Good excuse to go up to the depot. So I hand over the card at the depot the next morning to be handed a small box from shaving.ie AND a rather well packed LP with the words "No Answer, Card Left" written on it. I don't know.

I had to report a postie once. We were going for days and days without mail then once or twice a week we'd get letters with "no access" written on them. Even though out flat door was broken.

Back
Top Bottom