Another DE virgin !

Just thought i would pop in and say hi! Just bought myself a DE89L, some Derbys, a couple of EJ cream samples and i am about to head up and give them a whirl !!! Lets hope i dont come down looking like a stunt double for Freddy Kruger!! The only bit i had to skimp on is my brush! I was that impatient to have a go of the new DE tonight i nipped into Boots and bought a Men U Synthetic brush!! Sorry in advance !! ;)

Well synthetic wouldnt have been my first choice, but impatience won! I wanted a Vulfix 404 as i read its a great starter brush and cheap but couldnt find one online.

Hi Selecta, welcome to TSR!

Don't blame you for wanting to get going asap. I haven't tried the Men-U brush but I've heard it's actually not too bad. I also heard the good reviews of the Vulfix 404. I recently bought one to give to my Dad. Here is the link:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.diamondedgeltd.com/acatalog/Razors__Shaving_Brushes.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.diamondedgeltd.com/acatalog/ ... ushes.html</a><!-- m -->

Quickest to 'Ctrl F' and search for 'Vulfix 404' as the page is stuffed with brushes.

PS I think we have another member in Clevedon

Hi and welcome. I started with a Men-U synthetic, and though now I am on an EJ super badger, the Men-U didn't do me any harm. In fact, it dragged me in deeper... so beware.

Hi Selecta. Welcome.

Nowt wrong with the Men-U. The Pure bristle is my only brush, and has been for years. Are you sure you got the synthetic? Only asking because the synthetic isn't cheap. About £35 and called Premier. The Pure Bristle is boar and costs about 8 or 9 quid.

If it is a new boar that you have, then it will require breaking in. A good soak and extra cream or soap required for the first few shaves.

welcome Bo

if you do decide to get the Vulfix 404 that gets talked about, mind on it's the mix version (badger\boar) diamondedge also sell the Pure one, not that there's owt wrong with that one either

Back
Top Bottom