An experimental tryout

Part of my Christmas goody bag of pressies was a secret Santa package containing some Nivea (groan) shower gel, aftershave balm, and a tin of sensitive skin shaving gel.

As an experiment I thought I would see how the gel performed using a brush and scuttle, I squirted two processed pea sized lumps into the scuttle and worked it up, it very quickly produced volumes of thick lather, I was impressed enough to go ahead and shave with it, so it was three passes with a newly honed 5/8 Case & Sons.

I was in all honesty very surprised on how the gel performed, a nice creamy lather with good body and lubrication, it was a very pleasant shave indeed, I would actually recommend this stuff as a standby, or travel option.

I remember from back in the dark days, the Nivea sensitive gel was one of the better ones.
But I found canned foams to be too aerated to sustain a lather for the time required for a DE shave. I suppose re-applying would make it possible to do the job.

I was given a can of L'Occitane gel. I will give it a go tomorrow with DE. If no good, I will use it for travel, or for when I have my occasional dalliances with disposable razors.

Back
Top Bottom