Amsterdam

henkverhaar said:
joe mcclaine said:
Not 'shave related' but this place: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hajenius.com/homepage.php?taal=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.hajenius.com/homepage.php?taal=en</a><!-- m --> is well worth a visit.

Hajenius.com.

Indeed. When I still smoked, I went to Hajenius a couple times a year at least. Not for the cigars per se, since you can get quality cigars in most towns in Holland, especially if you prefer the Dutch type of cigar (dry, short filler, Sumatra wrapper leaf) rather than the 'cuban' style (moist, longfiller), but for the atmosphere and peculiarities. They have a small 'museum' in the back, dedicated to tobacco culture in Indonesia, as well as a smoking room, where you can sit and relax, and smoke. You can even, if you really want, bring your own cigars and smoke them there. Tobacco only though ;-)

I love smoking cigars but not as much as I once did. It's frowned upon everywhere now. Nipping out for a quick cigarette is one thing but having to go outside for the required time to enjoy a cigar isn't the nicest experience in Scotland.

I've had a few in the house but since we decorated SWMBO has banned smoking everywhere but in the kitchen.

andyjreid said:
I love smoking cigars but not as much as I once did. It's frowned upon everywhere now. Nipping out for a quick cigarette is one thing but having to go outside for the required time to enjoy a cigar isn't the nicest experience in Scotland.

I've had a few in the house but since we decorated SWMBO has banned smoking everywhere but in the kitchen.

My heart sang when we moved out of our flat and into a house with a loft. The smkoing ban doesn't apply where swmbo is too scared to venture.

I was around 18 the last time I went to Amsterdam and was with a bunch of guys, most of us were living together at the time. It's not the clearest of memories. 'Coffee shop' then pedalo wasn't the best idea I've ever had, the waterways of Amsterdam are a little busier than the pond at the local park.

I went to Amsterdamn when i was 16 i think it was, either 15 or 16. I was with my parents and 2 brothers and ofcourse we walked through the red light district to experience it all.
We got offered a family deal to one of the shows which shocked my mum :lol:
We then got asked by a man if we had a fag to spare, we didnt answer because we were sorting out where we were going next. The person then said "what language do you speak, english, latin, spanish, American"

I quite like the place, Holland in general is a jolly nice place.
Id love one of the bikes, it wouldnt be the best thing for around here, but it would be pretty cool to have one.

Back
Top Bottom