Am I right about this... ?

I actually acquired this off of ebay last week but I just got some pics done of it today. It would be cool if my research could be confirmed, or corrected, by some of the savvy folks here. From looking around the info on the site etc. (especially from Achim's Tech page), regarding date and ID of razors, I'm thinking that this is a Gillette Tech from the 1940s, with a slim handle; all in a bakelite case with a few chips missing from the interior. The kit looks like it's in prettty good condition to me, though with the crappy pictures I take, it might not be evident ...

And it shined up pretty nicely too - except for the inside corners of the case, where some cleaning crud doesn't want to shift.

NDCTechSlimCase001-thecaseopen-001.png
NDCTechSlimCase001-kaboodle005.png
NDCTechSlimCase001-inpieces-002.png
NDCTechSlimCase001-headsup-001.png
NDCTechSlimCase001-leftprofile-001.png
NDCTechSlimCase001-rightprofile-004.png
NDCTechSlimCase001-headdown-001.png

Nice score. Hope you didn't pay too much for it but looks to be in top nick.

Lots of people love these and three-piecers are underrated imho.

hunnymonster said:
antdad said:
Ha, Arrowhead has a thing for old UK Wilkinson blades, keep em locked em up.

Interesting... subject to acquiring a few hundred more Thai GSTs, I may be able to satiate his need for a while.
I'm agog. Absent fresh supplies of Wilks or Swedes I'm going to wind up as a full time straight razor user before long, dammit.

Arrowhead said:
hunnymonster said:
antdad said:
Ha, Arrowhead has a thing for old UK Wilkinson blades, keep em locked em up.

Interesting... subject to acquiring a few hundred more Thai GSTs, I may be able to satiate his need for a while.
I'm agog. Absent fresh supplies of Wilks or Swedes I'm going to wind up as a full time straight razor user before long, dammit.

Them too... horrid oily smelling things

I took a load of time trying to figure out by looking at those pics, and my Tech, and back at the pics.

Then, I read someplace what the fat handled version weighs in at. I assembled my shaver (sans blade), and weighed it - it's a fair few grams lighter than the cited weight. So, I figured it would probably be the thin-handled variant.

Back
Top Bottom