Am I expecting too much

I have now got the knack of making a good lather with soaps but my Vulfix boar brush holds enough lather for 2 passes only. The 2nd being passable rather than good, and I still can't make anywhere near as good a lather with palmolive cream.

Am I expecting too much of my brush, after all its not a big deal to make up a 2nd batch of lather but I read of people having brushes that hold 3 or 4 passes worth.

Perhaps I'm the only one who thinks this (quite likely!!), but I feel there's a subtle pressure on anyone using a brush and soap for them to make oodles and oodles of lather. It is almost, dare I say it, a measure of the man. :eek: Lather is lovely stuff. Creamy and luxurious, often beautifully scented, but when all's said and done it is an aid to shaving, and as long as you can make a decent quality lather that serves the purpose then that's perfectly fine.

OK this was a little OT (and also OTT) so I'll get off my pedestal now. :D

PigCat:
istockphoto_2634771-hitting-a-nail-on-the-head.jpg

Sure that's not a soap box you're on PC it says "Truefitt and Hill" on the side :lol:

I understand what you're saying though, but I don't see it as a willy waving competition all I want to do is build sufficient lather to shave comfortably.

Anyway I thought that it might be just a difference between badger and boar, I can feel brush no.2 calling already :cool:

I know what you mean PC, but no I don't build a lot of lather, at least not intentionally. Ideally I finish with most of it in the brush and have a small amount left over for recharging if needed.

Jeltz said:
Sure that's not a soap box you're on PC it says "Truefitt and Hill" on the side :lol:

I understand what you're saying though, but I don't see it as a willy waving competition all I want to build the lather for is shaving comfortably.

Anyway I thought that it might be just a difference between badger and boar, I can feel brush no.2 calling already :cool:

Yup, I think if you do fancy going for more lather a badger may well be worth a go. If only to see what all the fuss is about.

Oh, and I'll leave someone else to make an amusing comment about your 'willy waving competition'. It's not in my job description. :(

I think there is a trend to not using a container but once you're used to it you'll find that being able to keep a brush and lather warm through out a shave is quite delightful as well as enabling you to create as much lather as you need. Dipping the tips of the brush in HW doesn't come close.

Pig Cat said:
Yup, I think if you do fancy going for more lather a badger may well be worth a go. If only to see what all the fuss is about.

Oh, and I'll leave someone else to make an amusing comment about your 'willy waving competition'. It's not in my job description. :(
Who are you and what have you done with Pig Cat :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

antdad said:
I think there is a trend to not using a container but once you're used to it you'll find that being able to keep a brush and lather warm through out a shave is quite delightful as well as enabling you to create as much lather as you need. Dipping the tips of the brush in HW doesn't come close.

OK, but I can't find a decent sized latte cup anywhere!

Jeltz said:
Pig Cat said:

Who are you and what have you done with Pig Cat :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It's still me but I'm trying to comment a bit more on the actual shaving parts of the forum, instead of making questionable jokes all the time! :p

Jeltz, take a look in charity shops. There's always loads of mugs. I found a Kenco coffee mug that is very good. When I was looking I saw the same mug two or three times so it's probably quite common. Can't be arsed to take a pic of mine, but it's very similar to this:

standardcap.jpg

A word of advice. Before you buy try holding it as if making lather. Check the handle is comfortable when putting pressure down on the mug. Sounds silly but mine's not that comfortable, so perhaps I need to take another look around?

Thanks guys. I tend to stay off Ebay but have been trolling round the charity shops already but with no success so far. I got a ramekin from a supermarket but its a bit small, however Mrs J was given a perfect mug for Xmas with drinking chocolate. Its been in the cupboard ever since so I reckon by mid March I'll be able to snaffle it away without her noticing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom