Alum

Hello,

Anyone here got a nice little Asian shop near them that sells alum blocks cheaply? If so, could you get me a couple and I'll pay for them + postage.

Thanks-a-rooney

Ollie

Hi Rev-o,

sorry no asian shops nearby but I see that our resident soapalchemist Sharon has them on her site for £3, hope this helps :shave

regards, Kev.

You know, went out today and saw this 'Crystal deodorant' or whatever they call it, by L'Occitane, it is 50 or 60 grams, anyway, it was around 16 quid... :evil:
Are they nuts? For such a small chunk of alum block?

Prices are so expensive here in Riga... Thank God we can order from the UK.

Kev69 said:
Hi Rev-o,

sorry no asian shops nearby but I see that our resident soapalchemist Sharon has them on her site for £3, hope this helps :shave

regards, Kev.

Yeah, I just bought one and am awaiting delivery. Connaught does one for £1.95

Ollie - connaught do some for 1.95. They are fine, little bit rougher than the more expensive ones but in a about 2 days they are smooth.

Another member kindly sent me one when I needed, much better quality than what I could get. What's the Alum with the red label called again?

I think Andy was dealing alum last time I saw.

I bought a Trumpers one, very pricey but I was ordering something else at the time so convinced myself it was a steal at £13.50. In use is by far the best, it is like Osma but even smoother, also it is a big 110 gram block which is bigger then the matchbox Osma ones and therefore is easier to handle when wet and so far it seems less likely to slip out of your hands in use. It comes in a handy plastic container so that sorts the storage problem of wet cardboard, I just put it back in the box and leave the lid off for half an hour to dry off. When it goes done/shatters I will get a cheaper one and re-use the container.

Having said that I bet I drop mine tomorrow :eek: still at least I will hopefully have bigger shards and can shave one down to an Osma size block.

Think the red label ones were "Hero", blocks, I got half a dozen from Spices of India for the guys over in NI and I used one till I played hockey with it and bought the Trumpers one. I just checked and they have went up from 55p to 60p and it is a different brand now.

Ollie, if I had a spare I would send it but....

Just had a thought, I am passing a couple of Indian supply stores next Saturday and will have time to kill when I pick the missus up, if anyone wants one I will grab a few and post them on at cost. I will phone them tomorrow and check they have stock and if so will post a group buy in the relevant section and update this post.

Thanks. I seem to live in a whites only enclave, a sort of ghetto in the middle of the Midlands.

No Pakis or Niggers. Just lots of white trash and rednecks.

And God loves us all.

Rev-O said:
Thanks. I seem to live in a whites only enclave, a sort of ghetto in the middle of the Midlands.

No Pakis or Niggers. Just lots of white trash and rednecks.

And God loves us all.

:lol: Ye ha Cletus.

IanM said:
Rev-O said:
No Pakis or Niggers.

Regardless of context, is this REALLY acceptable language for a public forum?

Ian

Context IS everything, right Nigger? Of course me using that term is ridiculous because I'm white and I'm pretty sure you are if your called Ian.

Ask Sonny if he is offended by the term White Trash and Red Neck?

The Rev is equally disparaging and then he tempers it with his final statement, it's a fine line but I thought he hadn't crossed it.

Sorry Rev KRK in Glasgow has nowt and Chans (the two main Indian supply stores I know of) do not stock them. Rangers62 stays not far from there am sure if he stops by this thread he would have a look for us, there are hundreds of small Indian supply stores in that area but phoning them and explaining Alum and shaving with my thick Glaswegian accent to a non native English speaker is challenging to say the least. I think some of them said no just cause they could not be arsed looking or was scared I wanted money or something.

I need a spare anyway so will stop and have a look myself at the weekend, and if they have a few I will grab them, if you can get one go ahead I will keep them as spares or post them up for sale.

Back
Top Bottom