Alum - Pre shave

I read somewhere that It's good as pre shave for electric shavers. After seeing this which looks like an alum bloc to me, I tried it this morning as a deodorant. It's not the sweaty season yet, but it so far has worked really well. So perhaps another use for the ol' Alum Bloc.

I use an alum based Deo, and it works with some help, but as a pre-shave?

That grippy feeling you get from alum would, I think, make it a less than perfect preshave I reckon...

Tap an Alum block with a small hammer, put a couple of the resulting chunks in a spray bottle, top up with water, add optional essential oils of your choice and voila! very cheap and very effective deo/anti-perspirant. I spray me armpits and feet each morning. Easy and practically free.
;)

When you buy alum buy two: one to keep and use and one to sell as a £500 rock of crack.

I now have all the Yardies in Birmingham looking for my white ass.*

* A modern re-telling of the Palm Sunday story.

hunnymonster said:
Or like me - accidentally drop it in the sink due to slippery fingers, swear a lot and use the resulting alum snow rather than wasting a good block of alum :D

:D :D It would appear the ritual dropping of the Alum Block is rather common!

Ollie, like the idea for the deo.

hunnymonster said:
Or like me - accidentally drop it in the sink due to slippery fingers, swear a lot and use the resulting alum snow rather than wasting a good block of alum :D

Or buy your first block, unwrap it very carefully thinking mustn't drop it and then proceed to drop on nice hard tile floor. Luckily I bought 2 from connaught as they were 1.99 each :D

Back
Top Bottom