alum deodorant - again!

i was going to make my own deodorant with alum when my Pitrok spray runs out

but where can i get a hold of denatured alcohol or SD alcohol, or this 90% vodka stuff?

henk did say that i could use surgical spirit watered down (i asked) but it has other things in it
don't know if that would be a problem
how about witch-hazel

henk did say that alum will not dissolve in alcohol so it needs to be watered down anyway

you could always dissolve alum in your favourite cologne\aftershave as well i suppose but if it's contains glycerin it'll attract moisture

btw they are now selling PitRok in Morissons
the crystal, spray, stick & roll-on

Hando I can PIF you some of that alcohol stuff; I bought it from a wholesaler.

How much do you want? 100ml?

Cheers (hic, sic)

Ollie

Talk of the devil.

Why alcohol are you going to try and make an aerosol?

I think Rev O was into making his own alum solution and just spraying it on post shave but he had probs with his nozzle getting blocked.

antdad said:
Why alcohol are you going to try and make an aerosol?

well the water was to disolve the alum
the alcohol is to aid evaporation, cant spray it on you and then wait ages for it to dry

and yes i was going to put it a little Superdrug atomiser and add my own scent, either that or bung some alum in with the old Stratos and use that :cool:

most kind Ollie, i'll take whatever you can spare
oh and please do share your experiences with your blocked nozzle
i'd hate to suffer a crusty blow-hole

I think it was Pig Cat who couldn't make it work: alum in water + some sandalwood or patchouli EO in a cheapo spray bottle has been my daily deodorant/anti-perspirant for over a year now now without complaints (from me or those standing near me).

The nozzle does block but warm water clears it.

Also good on sweaty feet . . . .

Hando, I'll try and pop some in the post.

antdad said:
Sorry I can see it was probably Pigcat. Patchouli ? God damn hippy.

Hey, we've all suffered from a blocked nozzle from time to time haven't we?

And can I make it clear that I have never used Patchouli in my life, just in case this is mis-read to refer to me.

Back
Top Bottom