Alternative to Yeti Snot

Hi All,

I've been lurking around various shaving places for the last couple of weeks, and have seen some good reviews of this soap. However, $20 shipping for a $4 soap is ridiculous, so i was wondering...

What would you guys recommend as your favourite face freezer that is available this side of the pond at a reasonable price?

You can get QCS Vostok from Germany which is meant to be the colder than a cold thing that's got a cold - free delivery if you spend over €100 or I think it's €10 delivery - cream/soap is about €16

www.seifenglatt.com

One alternative is to buy some menthol crystals (cheap in any chemist), dissolve them in a bit of glycerine or carrier oil and stir into any cheap cream you like.
I did it with some eShave unscented cream I wasn't using and it gives a really cooling shave.
Go easy with the amount of crystals though - they are surprisingly potent

Ingrams (a tube cream) is about half-way between Proraso green & Vostok in terms of menthol hit. Dead cheap too & can be found in many chemists & Superdrug.
Only trouble is some don't like the scent of Ingrams - it's a bit like talcum powder. I like it though as it's cooling, produces a rich, slick lather and is very good VFM.

rhedgehog said:
I found the Ingrams on amazon for £3 including postage. I figured if it was that cheap, I'd better include 2 sticks of arko for the same price!
Did do well, you will like all of these.
Arko also make a cream called ICE MINT if you like things cool. Also talking of cool, If you like the smell of Davidoff's Cool Water, then Arko do an aftershave, balm and shaving cream called COOL, its scent is identical to Cool Water but at a 5th of the price.

Enjoy the Ingrams, its real nice. :D

Face-freezer you say?

Try this combo ...

Proraso pre-post
Ingram's shaving cream
Cold water splash
Alcolado Glacial aftershave
Proraso pre-post

I was shaving like that a couple of winters ago.

Fair dues, I'm a double-hard nasty bastard but wow!

Brrrrrrrrrrrr

joe mcclaine said:

I was shaving like that a couple of winters ago.

Fair dues, I'm a double-hard nasty bastard but wow!

Brrrrrrrrrrrr

LOL :D

Was that the winter that dropped to -28 where you popped outside in your shorts and printed "I'm a double-hard nasty bastard" t-shirt for the shave?

Edwin Jagger do a pre/post shave mentholated cream as well as a shaving cream and a soap. They're nice. Another pre-shave is Nuage for Men £1 from't supermarket.

NSS Ice & Slice is nice - initially, quite mild but definitely builds.

Yeah, Alcolado for afters ...

Of course you could (as an alternative to menthol crystals) splash a drop or two of Olbas Oil into any of your products.

Actually, ice ... as in a piece of ice is nice after your rinsing. Spicy aftershave, then ... Old Spice, Ogallala Lime & Peppercorn; in fact, I think I'd like some peppermint in my Lime & Peppercorn.

Back
Top Bottom