Alt Innsbruck

On an impulse I ordered a sample pack of Alt Innsbruck Eau de Cologne and pre/after shave emulsion from Connaught shaving. Blinked, and it was there! I should state that I am not very experienced with describing scents, so bear with me :D
The pre-post shave emulsion is more like a lotion than an oil, leaves the skin moistened but not greasy. I couldn't tell whether it has an effect on the actual shave, but it feels superb on the skin after shaving. I shaved with it this morning and can still feel the softness now - there's a definite difference to how the skin normally feels, but it is not at all greasy, just really smooth and clean.
The cologne - which comes in a dinky wee spray bottle- is very nice indeed. I find it has a very natural sort of herb-like smell, slightly medicinal but in the way of a swiss cough sweet (Ricola perhaps?) not like TCP. It has good longevity, I applied it about 0630 today, can still detect it very slightly on the wrists after a mornings graft.

Definitely on the to-buy list. Just not sure whether to go for the cologne or the emulsion. :lol:

Although labelled as an Eau de Cologne, the cologne is actually an aftershave splash. It says to use it like this on the back of the packaging. It works very well for me as an AS. A nice scent with good longevity and a nice menthol chill on the face. If you have enough left in your sample try it as an aftershave. I had a sample last summer and only ever used it as a cologne, it wasn't until I picked up a full bottle a few months back that I found I'd been missing out.

Yellow Jim said:
Although labelled as an Eau de Cologne, the cologne is actually an aftershave splash. It says to use it like this on the back of the packaging. It works very well for me as an AS. A nice scent with good longevity and a nice menthol chill on the face. If you have enough left in your sample try it as an aftershave. I had a sample last summer and only ever used it as a cologne, it wasn't until I picked up a full bottle a few months back that I found I'd been missing out.

I will give that a shot - I guess there are two applications left in the sampler. Any recommendations where to buy the cologne/as?

Ive been using the cologne for some time now and love it :) A very distinctive and unusual scent which behaves more like a cologne than a splash in that it does 'stay' for a long time.
Definitely one of the nicer ones I reckon and much nicer than the emulsion in my opinion.
regards, beejay

I found this aftershave smelled a LOT like Tabac soap.

It certainly works though and gives a nice tingly cold feeling.

Connaught sell the cologne, I bought a bottle on spec after trying the small sample "emulsion" and then found I didn't like the smell anywhere near as much as I thought. I sold the full bottle on BST after one sniff. :(
Might have even been Yellow Jim that bought it, can't remember now.

Very, very specific scent, not unpleasant by any means, but sadly it's yet another on the list of "Not for Canuck".

I've just picked some of this up from BST - and I'm VERY impressed with it! The smell is a subtler version of Tabac to me (dare I say nicer?) and it lasts nearly all day. It feels very nice on the skin in a way Old Spice Lime does to me, stings well, which I like and then the menthol hits you :eek:

I'd definitely buy more, and would like some of the emulsion for the winter.

My wife reckons it smells like plasticine? I did try to argue, then I remembered I was a male, and therefore wrong. I've been well-trained, me.

Regards,
Neil

Neil Miller said:
My wife reckons it smells like plasticine? I did try to argue, then I remembered I was a male, and therefore wrong. I've been well-trained, me.

Regards,
Neil
That's not well trained Neil, it's just facing up to the inevitable. I have a permanent thumb print on my forehead. :)

Back
Top Bottom