Alpha Outlaw - Top cap tolerances + alignment

Hi all,

I purchased a second hand Alpha Outlaw and I must admit that I really do enjoy the razor and the shave..

The only exception being the fact that that the top cap has poor tolerances and as such blade alignment is a bit of a hit and miss.

Does anyone else that owns a Outlaw have a solution to easily keep the blade aligned when inserting a new blade.. I have seen on another forum that this problem is not so rare , it's quite clear that the two posts on the bottom side of the top cap need to have a slightly larger diameter. ( I don't know if the rules allow me to post a link to another forum)..

On the image below we can quite clearly see on the left hand side that the alignment is quite a bit of..

My solution is to slightly release the pressure with a small twist of the handle and use the bottom of another razor handle to realign. (For a premium product that is far from ideal...)
IMG_20210526_100540_resized_20210526_100626617.jpg

I bought a second hand one last week (0.72 blade gap).

When I first loaded the blade there were blade alignment issues. I remembered reading there was a knack to loading the blade.
You push the blade to the roof of the top cap and hold the blade in place at each end (the non-shape ends! :p) then place the base plate on top and screw the handle in and Boom(!) issue sorted. I’ve had no problems with blade alignment since and amazing shaves each time.

Apart from the blade alignment issue/anomaly I think it's really well made. The polished finish is excellent, the threading of the handle is very smooth and the knurling on the Super Grip handle is impressive. It's now my new favourite razor.

Hope this helps?

Cheers
Rob

Last edited:
I bought a second hand one last week (0.72 blade gap).

When I first loaded the blade there were blade alignment issues. I remembered reading there was a knack to loading the blade.
You push the blade to the roof of the top cap and hold the blade in place at each end (the non-shape ends! :p) then place the base plate on top and screw the handle in and Boom(!) issue sorted. I’ve had no problems with blade alignment since and amazing shaves each time.

Apart from the blade alignment issue/anomaly I think it's really well made. The polished finish is excellent, the threading of the handle is very smooth and the knurling on the Super Grip handle is impressive. It's now my new favourite razor.

Hope this helps?

Cheers
Rob

I have just tried a couple of times this method and it seems to actually work, it appears to line up the blade parallel to the top cap, which is great thing.. However I have noticed that even though it is parallel it is not consinstently equally on both sides.... Maybe it's just a case of getting used to this "feature"... ;)

I too really like this razor, for me it's a keeper without any doubt. The handle is superb, the gnurling is perfect, it's got quite a bit of heft and it'sa good looking beasty...

Back
Top Bottom