Aloe + Green Tea Proraso Pre/Post?

Anyone see this new product? I've tried it out and really like it! I've been using the "Proraso White" Green Tea/Aloe shave tub for YEARS now and always hoped they would make the pre/post with the same specifications. Anywho- wondering if anyone else has given it a go and what are your thoughts?

I have tired both and prefer the white lidded (green tea non menthol) one. I don't use it often as a pre shave, probably only at the weekend and I find the best results if used 15 mins before shaving. I still shower before shaving so it is all washed off by the time I shave however it does work for that extra little bit of softness on longer stubble. Having said that I could also get this with an extra few extra mins in the shower just sticking my face under the hot shower head.

Of all the pre shave products I tried it is the only one I kept, I found the oils are really bad and the stubble just stuck to the blade but this is more just like a nice moisturising cream.

I have been using this for about 6 months now as a pre-shave and I find that it really works for me.

The original stuff smelt too strong for me, but the smell of this is just right.

A few weeks ago I tried a few shaves without it and I found the quality of the shave not to be as good.

It is now a permanent feature in my shaving routine :)

I LOVE the green pre/post cream....it has such a soothing menthol for those summer days, it also softens my beard so much and provides extra protection for shaving. It will be a life item for me :) I am looking forward to trying the one you mentioned though

I've been eyeing this stuff up to be honest. Havn't taken the plunge yet though.

Been DE shaving for less than 2 weeks and already I want to buy EVERY shave product I see....

I've just started using it, I love the results. I was using blue beards revenge after shave balm but I found it dried to quickly and didn't have the cooling effects I wanted. The poraso on the other hand cools any soreness and stays much moister on my skin.

well just tried it out... its hard to say really what the results were, as i tried a very different blade from my normal choice, and my technique has gotten a lot better these days, so my shaves are rarely very ittitating.

however, i will say this, using a gillette bleue, with the proraso as a pre-shave, i did get a very smooth, irritation free, 3 pass shave. The subtle tingle underneath my standard shave cream was very nice, and my face feels good.

so its probably worth it, given how little you need to use and how long the tub will last. I think certainly it may make the shave slicker, if not doing anything to soften the beard hair. What is unclear, is if you're supposed to rinse after you use it. The instructions suggest just leaving it till it soaks in and then getting on with your shave. Which is what i did.

seemed to work!

Back
Top Bottom