Allergic reaction

Due to a mix up about an order, I received a pot of eShave Almond Shaving Cream. I was happy to keep it and give it a try so I opened it.

For the first time ever, I have found something I am allergic to. After a splendid shave, my face came out in a hot red rash! Pity - the cream lathers magnificently. But perhaps almond doesn't like me.

I'll put it in the for sale section at a fair price for someone else to try.

Most likely the almond scent is based on benzaldehyde. With some benzyl alcohol and/or benzoic acid derivatives., which can be allergenic.

If you like almond-scented soaps, go for the more subdued ones, that are more likely to be made from actual almonds.

Benzaldehyde is indeed one of the ingredients.

I understand that floral and almond scents are those most often the cause of allergic reaction. Rose hasn't troubled me. I'll avoid almond in future.

Interesting re the almond thing as P160 gives me a rash and it's like supercharged marzipan. I thought it was made with cyanide! (Which is also almond "flavoured" :lol: )

I have a reaction to TOBS Rose +1
but my main disappointment is y allergy to Tabac :roll:

I've tried it so many times, just in case, but no it kills my face every time.

I also had a reaction to Tabac and actually on my last shave with p160 there was a bit of a tingle.TOBS almond has never posed a problem for me.Fido how did you get on with the DRH almond? I know you didn't like the scent but did you react with it?

I sometimes ( and only sometimes which is strange) get a tingling/burning sensation with TOBS avocado. And I thought this was supposed to be really good for sensitive skin?

Rev-O said:
Interesting re the almond thing as P160 gives me a rash and it's like supercharged marzipan. I thought it was made with cyanide! (Which is also almond "flavoured" :lol: )

Well, in fact any almond 'concoction' will have some cyanide in it. Bitter almonds contain much more cyanide (or actually cyanide bearing compounds -- the cyanide gets released through enzymic degradation upon processing of the almond kernels) than sweet almond.

Cyanide is not allergenic, though ;-)

Back
Top Bottom