Alcolado - what's it like?

Neat or over ice, you'll lose your vision for a few days but it comes back, I like it.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.vbshairandbeauty.com/acatalog/Alcolado.html#a382" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.vbshairandbeauty.com/acatalo ... .html#a382</a><!-- m -->

I like the label, and I know it says it's huge in the Caribean (oo er), but nothing so far in any online shops or adds says what it smells like/of.

The decriptions are less than vague: invigorating, refreshing, glacial? yes, ok, and what do those really smell like?

• Refreshing?
    • As in: spearmint and/or limes?
      • That could be good. [/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
        • Invigorating?
          • Like peppermint and coffee?
            • Not my ideal choice of a blend. [/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
                • Glacial?
                  • Like sea-air & 3-week-old sun-roasted rotting seal carcasses?
                    • Nah, I'll pass, thanks.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
                      sick_emote_by_DarkPoetPop.gif
                      [/list:u]

I bought some a while ago, but rarely use it. Not sure what it does exactly, not much of a scent - a bit lime/minty - that fades rapidly. High alcohol, so suppose it dries the skin. Cheap enough to try, but not much to it :?

The alcohol is 'supposed' to dry/tighten the skin to stop bleeding, close the pores etc ... but the menthol in it is to provide a 'cool'/'cooling' sensation.

In a way the lack of ingredients is a good sign as it cuts down trying to figure out, what it is in stuff that doesn't work. And the less stuff in it, the less chance you might react to it in the negative (unless of course you react that way to any/or mixtures of some of those ingredients anyway).

I see that shade of green and I think 'lime ... or maybe spearmint ... or maybe a mix of the two. I like both and a combination of them might not be bad either. Finding out that the stuff smells of something else that might be greenish (a meadow of dewy grass, or algae perhaps), well, it sometimes throws me off, especially if it's blended with other stuff (algae drenched in dew and then dried over a fresh field of grass), & so, I would like to know in advance whenever possible.

Cheers for the response rich_ant, and everyone else.

Thanks Antdad! Ordered, I´ve tried to find a supplier before, but they´re few and none in Sweden. This´ll be good when we go to the countryside in a couple of weeks, mosquitos treatment and bad ass AS menthol kick in one :D

As it can also be used as a cleaning product and is good for headaches I'm buying some for the Mrs.

Alcolado

Alcolado Glacial is a mentholated splash lotion, refreshing and Invigorating from head to toe. Alcolado Glacial has been a household name in the Caribbean for over 50 years, just have a look at some of it’s uses:
1. Refresher: People splash it over their body to feel refreshed (combination alcohol and menthol).
2. Headache/fever: By applying a handkerchief wet with Alcolado Glacial on the forehead, the cooling effect can be compared to the previously used ice blocks. With Alcolado Glacial it smells nice too. The menthol fragrance is associated with medicinal effects.
3. Mosquito bites: Many people splash Alcolado Glacial on their body (legs and arms) after mosquito bites. Many splash it on to prevent mosquito bites.
4. After Shave: It is cool and strong; stronger than an after-shave.
5. After Bath: Alcolado Glacial is not a long-lasting perfumed body lotion. Many people use it after a bath because it feels so nice and INVIGORATING.
6. Make-up Remover: It removes make-up too!
7. Massage/Rubbing: It smells healthy!
8. Others: In Curacao, Alcolado Glacial is used by many for cleaning purposes too, like telephones, window glasses, etc. Alcohol cleanses well, everybody knows that but it does not smell nice as Alcolado Glacial does.
Close window

antdad said:
As it can also be used as a cleaning product and is good for headaches I'm buying some for the Mrs.

Alcolado

Alcolado Glacial is a mentholated splash lotion, refreshing and Invigorating from head to toe. Alcolado Glacial has been a household name in the Caribbean for over 50 years, just have a look at some of it’s uses:
1. Refresher: People splash it over their body to feel refreshed (combination alcohol and menthol).
2. Headache/fever: By applying a handkerchief wet with Alcolado Glacial on the forehead, the cooling effect can be compared to the previously used ice blocks. With Alcolado Glacial it smells nice too. The menthol fragrance is associated with medicinal effects.
3. Mosquito bites: Many people splash Alcolado Glacial on their body (legs and arms) after mosquito bites. Many splash it on to prevent mosquito bites.
4. After Shave: It is cool and strong; stronger than an after-shave.
5. After Bath: Alcolado Glacial is not a long-lasting perfumed body lotion. Many people use it after a bath because it feels so nice and INVIGORATING.
6. Make-up Remover: It removes make-up too!
7. Massage/Rubbing: It smells healthy!
8. Others: In Curacao, Alcolado Glacial is used by many for cleaning purposes too, like telephones, window glasses, etc. Alcohol cleanses well, everybody knows that but it does not smell nice as Alcolado Glacial does.
Close window

You missed the part about stripping paint.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom