Alcohol or Balm?

I've just ordered some new AS because I need the alcholol for it's antiseptic properties and I like to feel the "burn", if anything it is a good indication of how well I have shaved. I have tried a few balms and they don't do it for me, actually when I read about chaps using balms because of their sensitive skin I think that could be me so what's it for you. AS or AB.

I usually like to alum bock then Proraso aftershave splash, not so sure if that counts as alcohol. It contains menthol, witch hazel and allantoin but it is the same feeling as an alcohol splash would give you.

Some days I go for just a balm, 1805 is nice also like the skinfood.

So I guess my answer both for me mostly an alcohol type splash of some kind but not every day.

Balm always in Winter but occasionally alcohol in Summer.
I've recently (past few months) tried witch hazel then balm. It seems to work for me....

I prefer using an alcohol splash. Seeing as how I wear Old Spice cologne most days to work, I very rarely stray from the AS. Sometimes I use Floid or Old Spice Whitewater on the weekends when I tend to wear different fragrances.

I've never found a balm that was all that great really. They don't do much for my skin and make me feel oily. I've currently got the Original Source Aloe & Ginseng one and that ain't bad, though.

I don't have a balm as such but I always moisturise after shaving. Sometimes use my Trumpers aftershave to splash on my face. I am thinking of getting a mildly scented alcohol splash (Proraso?) so that it won't clash with any EDT/ cologne I use.

I have oily skin and tend to use an alcohol splash preceeded by either alum block or witch hazel, depending on how I feel. I have a vast array of a/s and am currently giving the La Toja a/s an extended run. It's good stuff and not much burn.

i tend to do the same as Magicpixie

alky-hall in summer
balms in winter

but if i get razor burn then i break out the Proraso white stuff-nowt better

I am a moisturizer man too. I use Elemis Daily Moisture Boost most days, use their SOS Survival when my shave is crap or face sore.
Also like which hazel in a spray bottle now and then.
C

I much prefer balms - I have about five which I use regularly - Arlington, Tabac, Floris Elite, L'Occitane Cade & Prorassio. If I had to choose one it would probably be the L'Occitane.

Back
Top Bottom