Alcohol free menthol aftershave

Hi all

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good alcohol free aftershave with a nice cooling menthol kick off it? Preferably something with good astringency to tighten the skin up. I sometimes look a tad on the puffy side after shaving!
Thanks

Ed

Hi all

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good alcohol free aftershave with a nice cooling menthol kick off it? Preferably something with good astringency to tighten the skin up. I sometimes look a tad on the puffy side after shaving!
Thanks

Ed

I had a tester of Myrasol Emulsion (white one) included in a recent purchase. Its fantastic for giving a cooling sensation and I believe its alcohol free.

Edit- Wouldn't last long smell wise so if its a long lasting fragrance you're after, this probably isn't the one.

Last edited:
I had a tester of Myrasol Emulsion (white one) included in a recent purchase. Its fantastic for giving a cooling sensation and I believe its alcohol free.

Edit- Wouldn't last long smell wise so if its a long lasting fragrance you're after, this probably isn't the one.

Thank you Dcshaves.

I have bought a bottle from English Shaving Company. I believe they're a trading name of Edwin Jagger.

Fragrance wise I'm not too bothered, I use EDP for that when I'm interested. Usually Terre D'hermes. The main thing is the menthol cooling effect.

Thanks again,
Ed

Thank you Dcshaves.

I have bought a bottle from English Shaving Company. I believe they're a trading name of Edwin Jagger.

Fragrance wise I'm not too bothered, I use EDP for that when I'm interested. Usually Terre D'hermes. The main thing is the menthol cooling effect.

Thanks again,
Ed

You'll not be disappointed with the cooling sensation of this. I'm sure there's plenty of others out there but you'll enjoy that. When I first put it on I couldn't feel anything but it doesn't take long to kick into gear (y)

Outside the box, you could use a pre/post-shave cream. I like Prep Cream which you can get at https://prepskincare.co.uk/ and often use it after rinsing off the shaving soap, massage a little into my still wet face, leave it be for a few minutes, then cold rinse the lot off and pat dry for basically fresh, but chilled skin. I've not been using aftershaves much over the last year or so. Less is more ...

Rather than an aftershave splash, quite possibly what you're after is a face toner. There are a good number without alcohol. Thayer's brand comes to mind and you'll find that quite popular here.

@Ed-Belfast - some suggestions -

As above - I would suggest that you try different products instead of looking to one that will do everything at once - once you have shaved - rinsed and dried your skin -
witch hazel astringent or rose water toner - you can get alcohol free versions of both,
a splash - Nivea Sensitive Cool is a good inexpensive choice
and/or
a balm - Proraso Green - in the jar - not the bottle - it is sold as pre-shave - but used as post - put this on your face and go out on a cool windy day - and you'll know all about it.:) .

Cheers - I.

I've been using this range for my menthol kick - its great. Shaving with the cream makes my eyes water because of the amount of menthol

I've been using this range for my menthol kick - its great. Shaving with the cream makes my eyes water because of the amount of menthol

I use the pre shave oil for every shave and it's fantastic.
Sometimes it doesn't play the best with the warmer, woodier creams though like my TOBS sandalwood for example. I'll likely also pick up their neutral pre shave oil at some point to that end.

For post shave balm I acted on the recommendation for Myrsol Emulsion and I have to say I rather like the stuff.

Back
Top Bottom