Advice Please?

Cheers Russ,

It's a solid one that can't be removed. Tried prizing off the plastic with a knife and everything wont move. Had a ring out of commission for about 6 months due to SWMBO turning it on when there was a set of scales sitting on it.

andyjreid said:
Cheers Russ,

It's a solid one that can't be removed. Tried prizing off the plastic with a knife and everything wont move. Had a ring out of commission for about 6 months due to SWMBO turning it on when there was a set of scales sitting on it.

A ceramic hob?

If so you have 2 basic options....

A) turn the extractor fan to 11 (This is Spinal Tap right?) and turn on the ring... stand by in case it all gets "out of hand" - basically burn it off
B) turn the extractor fan to 11... apply some heat and use a wallpaper scraper to get the "thick" off

I won't mention the third option but it involves the man from the Pru :)

hunnymonster said:
andyjreid said:
Cheers Russ,

A ceramic hob?

If so you have 2 basic options....

A) turn the extractor fan to 11 (This is Spinal Tap right?) and turn on the ring... stand by in case it all gets "out of hand" - basically burn it off
B) turn the extractor fan to 11... apply some heat and use a wallpaper scraper to get the "thick" off

I won't mention the third option but it involves the man from the Pru :)

Well I've already been given a heads up that we'll be receiving a cooker as a wedding present next year. So may not be any need for the man from the Pru......... well not for me......... my work will deffo need him after today :roll:

hunnymonster said:
May I recommend some titanium scales too? :lol:

There is a bit of evil in that too because when SWMBO realises that they have been left on a hot ring then she gets her hand burnt moving it. Ha ha

Blyth Spirit said:
Gentlemen this has produced a font of knowledge; I will try several of these methods and let you know which is successful.

Thanks all!

:)

If all else should fail (though I doubt it), you could always try mayonnaise.

I remember watching someone on TV using it to remove stickers from a set of drawers. It appeared to have done the trick (I think they let the mayo sink in for a while before they started scraping).

Back
Top Bottom