Admiral DE blades

Picked up these mysterious blades from ebay and since I couldn't find anything online about them thought I'd post something here.
Capture2.PNG
Each comes in its own very old looking wax paper. Some of you will be pleased to know there are no glue spots. In fact the paper sits loosely around the blade and is a little too big to fit snugly.
The blades have no printing or etching on them.
PXL_20221222_151444353.jpg

Well it looked to me from that first photo that there are more than the 24 blades I ordered, and there are. There are 51 in fact!!
However, lots have visible spots of rust!
Another odd thing is some of these have extremely sharp rounded areas (I don't know the terminology). Not all are like this and some are worse than others but look at this one!
Capture.jpg

I wouldn't normally do this, but because quite a few are obviously spoilt, I inspected each blade with a backlit loupe to see which had less easy-to-see rust. I have come up with 31 potentially useable blades.
That's 31 out of 51 when I ordered 24!
Now I'm wondering whether I should really risk shaving with the ones that look ok... maybe a soak in isopropyl alcohol before a shave.

I paid £1.99 delivered and they got here very quickly so could always keep them for household tasks.

Gosh yeah take one for the team. They definitely have a "white label / emerging market" look about them, or given the name and economy nature, maybe they are DEFSTAN haha! I reckon you should dip one in IPA or Barbicide and give them a chance. You will never know otherwise, and as you say, if they're really bad you can use them round the house. Aquarium owners like them for algae removal.

Picked up these mysterious blades from ebay and since I couldn't find anything online about them thought I'd post something here.
View attachment 97828
Each comes in its own very old looking wax paper. Some of you will be pleased to know there are no glue spots. In fact the paper sits loosely around the blade and is a little too big to fit snugly.
The blades have no printing or etching on them.
View attachment 97829

Well it looked to me from that first photo that there are more than the 24 blades I ordered, and there are. There are 51 in fact!!
However, lots have visible spots of rust!
Another odd thing is some of these have extremely sharp rounded areas (I don't know the terminology). Not all are like this and some are worse than others but look at this one!
View attachment 97830

I wouldn't normally do this, but because quite a few are obviously spoilt, I inspected each blade with a backlit loupe to see which had less easy-to-see rust. I have come up with 31 potentially useable blades.
That's 31 out of 51 when I ordered 24!
Now I'm wondering whether I should really risk shaving with the ones that look ok... maybe a soak in isopropyl alcohol before a shave.

I paid £1.99 delivered and they got here very quickly so could always keep them for household tasks.
I’d rather shave with my garden shears!

Back
Top Bottom