Acquisitions w/c Mon Nov. 29th - Sun 5th incl.

missingskin said:
Jamies said:
100 Gillette Bleue's from rareup, promptly ushered away by SWMBO for xmas. (Note to self, get stuff delivered to work) ;)

Just waiting for this fella to arrive :D (hurry up postie) an unsued #21 if I'm not mistaken, apparently from a retired barber of some 50 years.

Aaah was wondering who had got this one, glad it went to someone on here.............but you can blame me for you having to pay so much for it...........but it is still cheap.......... ;) ;)

So it's your fault xmas is cancelled :x

Only kidding, I would of gone a fair bit higher and I knew there would be a lot of competiton. I'm a very happy bunny now :D

Arrived yesterday and OMG it really has never been used and the paper blade and instructions are unmarked and still in place. Now I'm wondering to use it or not :?

I've spoke to the seller and he was a Barber up in Berwick, brought it , put it in draw and forgot about it and now selling off some old stuff to help fund his retirement. It's given me a nice feeling knowing the money's gone to someone who had no idea of the value, rather than some profiteer.

I would like to get the chrome blade case that came with some of these models, as per mr-razor's site http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/One-Piece solid guard bar/1948 Aristocrat No21.JPG if anyone's got one they would sell, please PM me.

I'll post a WTB in the BST section so as not to hijack this thread.

Just arrived today a very gungy looking Fatboy. Advertised as a 1961, turns out to be a 1958. Bought for silly (cheap... :cool: :cool: ) money just to pull apart.
Have given it a quick clean and it is very tidy under all the cr*p............the case is shot and it came with some sort of Schick blade dispenser ?

Update, now mainly in bits just need to use the vice in work tomorrow.............cannot believe how much gunk was inside the thing.......

A parcel just in from the Czech Republic.

- One Barbus shave cream tub
- An alum block
- One pack of blades
- L'Occitanne soap puck

Thank you, lac1!

IMG_1428.jpg

N_Architect said:
The new lofts look very nice. 24mm knots? Who did the retrofit?

I did :D They´re the "old" knots though, 22 mm two band and silvertip. Peter was kind enough to let me buy two knots and I fitted them into these old barber handles I bought (I´m a sucker for those, both the design and I like to have long handles when I bowl lather). I hope I didn´t screw the loft hight up!!

Mikael said:
...I hope I didn´t screw the loft hight up!!
Judging from the pictures only, it does not look like you screwed up. On the contrary, they look really nice both the lofts and handles. If they shave as nice as they look, you're all set! (at least for a while)

Safely arrived this morning ; Tub of Coates shaving cream (could become my second string to alternate with Mama Bear's & isn't it a nice gesture that £1 of each sale goes to Help for Heroes). Also a generous cube of Steve Sunster's soap, which I look forward to trying out in the morning.

JohnnyO. :geek:

Yellow Jim said:
Mikael said:

They look great Michael. I've got one of those old handles myself, it held a boar knot which I ripped out a few months back, haven't gotten around to picking up a badger knot to go in it yet though. :oops: You've inspired me.

Thanks! I think I got the 2201 knot right (slightly higher than the reg brush, but still with a good backbone). I´m a little worried now for the silvertip though, maybe I put it to high ... :?

Feather Stainless Steel Razor turned up today. This one without the stand:

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=4111" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=31&t=4111</a><!-- l -->

My pics are hopeless compared with those in the review. First impressions are excellent but will persist for a few days before adding to the review thread.

Non shaving, but two (yes two) quad bikes arrived in boxes today. Some assembly required :?

The twins' Christmas presents. Changed days. When I was a lad, I had to make do with a selection box and an orange! :cry:

IMG006.jpg

You were lucky…

In my day, we had to go to the greengrocers to look at oranges in the window. And that's only if we could borrow a pair of legs from the posh folk down the road.

Kids today…

Lipsy

Back
Top Bottom