Acquisitions w/c Mon Nov. 15th - Sun 21st incl.

Well, after telling Mrs M last weekend I am sorted on all shaving supplies till *cough* after Xmas, we today went for a day out in Chester. Where there's a Penhaligons :? The only person who probably likes this more than me, is Mrs M - thank you wife :D
img0198y.jpg

What does it smell of? Well, you can read this:

http://www.basenotes.net/content/523-Sartorial-new-men-s-fragrance-from-Penhaligon-s

Not that it will be particularly enlightening :roll:

RB73 said:
Be interested in your thoughts on this one after use.

first impressions the handle has a good grip with the head pivoting about 45 degs
the cartridge is the about the same size as BiC sensitive
i'll wait 'til the weekend to use so it's got something to mow down

simmo3801 said:
Good choice Moodymick!

I ordered a sample of this from their website as the 2 Tarquins in the Edinburgh store couldn't find any!

It's very nice...

We had MILF :eek: ;) But anyway, Sartorial was the only scent that me & Mrs M could agree on - she's actually wearing it at the moment, I'm on OS :?

We're off to a retail park today (Bicester) as funnily enough there's a Pen's outlet shop there (and Mulberry!!!! :evil: ) :roll:

Received a nice Gillette Old Type from Fido, yesterday. I have a Merkur 38C on it's way from simmo.

Bought 2 razors in as many days. Unusual for me.

Ian

moodymick said:
Well, after telling Mrs M last weekend I am sorted on all shaving supplies till *cough* after Xmas, we today went for a day out in Chester. Where there's a Penhaligons :? The only person who probably likes this more than me, is Mrs M - thank you wife :D

I have visited the Chester shop myself, and the service there was excellent.

I have emailed Penhaligon's in the past on several occasions, and never once received a reply. Fortunately, the service in the shop was first class.

Ian

Today direct from Mama Bears I got the unscented soap in a woodern bowl.
If you ever order direct the wooden bowl is worth the extra $6 dollars, it's not like the DR Harris bowls and has the MB Bear engraved into the lid.

Today I got a generous PIF of some Lord blades from Urban Hermit

Asco Orange, Big Ben SS, Lord Cool SS, Lord Platinum Class, Lord Super Chrome, Silver Star SS.

Also 2 types that just say Lord Super Stainless but one wrapper is Green/Blue and the other is Blue/White and one which has an all blue wrapper with Lord written on it in white.

Many Many thanks UH

A vintage Fuller Brush brush and an Old Spice shave mug (no lid); both Canadian made. I want to get a new knot for the brush, but the mug has a lid being crafted (not a copy or such, just to make it more functional). I actually received these on Friday, though they apparently reached customs over a week before then.

... and a pic to allow brush size-comparison with the Vie Long, New Forest 2201 & the Le Tuft Black & Blues.

Due to the vendor screwing up his labelling so that the customs folks read that the items were worth $100.00CDN, I was charged £1.68 more in taxes and duties, than purchase & shipping cost me. The vendor saw my scans of the packaging and reimbursed me the full Tax/Duties/"International Handling".

• So, in effect, I was paid £1.68 to be sent the brush and mug.[/list:u][/list:u]

2 tubes of Palmolive Sensitive shaving cream.
2 tubes of Nivea shaving cream.
No. 4711 aftershave.

Would probably have been a bit more but most of the shops in Berlin weren't open on Sunday and this is all the Rossman at the station had to offer. A blessing really.

60 Gillette Super Thins from Connaught. Great service once again.
A 1930's NEW from Sunburyboy, thanks again Steve. Does that man know how to package or what!
A 1933 NEW two piece #77 set from evilbay. Bit of brassing on the cap, might be a candidate for replating.
A 1950's US Diplomat on it's way from over5feet.

Met with Nanny Sharon at a christmas fair on Saturday, had a nice chat with a lovely lady and came away with 3 new soaps, 2 of which were promptly snaffled by SWMBO for xmas present's :roll:.

Managed to hold on to the Citrus Zinger in the silver tin, (great bit of packaging, by the way) Ice & a slice with goat's milk & Exotic have gone away to Santa. :D

Back
Top Bottom