Acquisitions w/c Mon 25th Apr - Sun 1st May incl.

A not quite complete Eclipse Red Ring, missing one of the blade positioning posts from the base plate. Also the base plate has come away from the handle.

DSC_0871.jpg

DSC_0872.jpg

DSC_0873-1.jpg

I've got some parts from another Red Ring which is missing the handle barrel (below), between the two I should hopefully have enough bits for a complete razor. I can't decide what the best way of fitting them together is? :? I might try and seperate the base plate from the top of the handle in razor 2 to get a donor plate with both the positioning posts for razor 1.

DSC_0874-1.jpg

sunburyboy93 said:
An Every Ready "E-Bar" SE Razor, looks to be in lovely condition

$(KGrHqZ,!ioE2LP-Hw38BNrDQ+y8(!~~_12.JPG

$(KGrHqJ,!m!E2D8ki1Y5BNrDR5pL0w~~_12.JPG

Was that the one that was recently on eBay? I've been noticing that Ever Ready prices have been rocketing recently - folks must have seen you bidding and thought there must be 'money in them thar razors'! :D

Someone recently sold a 'Slimline' Ever Ready for £44, claiming that it's the 'Aristocrat' of the SE razors; I bought one in better-looking nick than that last year for about £8 including postage. Back then you didn't seem to be able to give Ever Ready razors away. Scary.

hunnymonster said:
Hmmm - I think I'd try and separate the ferrule from the top of the handle... otherwise you're going to need to do a spot on job of lining up the handle top to the blade bed...

Good point. I thought it would be easier to remove the ferrule from the base plate in the second razor, I hadn't gotten as far as thinking about how to put it back together again. Any thoughts on how to go about removing the ferrule from the handle collar?

hunnymonster said:
clamp the ferrule in a vice and try twisting the sleeve? examine the base of the "free" ferrule - is there any evidence of glue or brazing? I guess that they were machined to fit and maybe the sleeves heated (or the ferrules cooled) to allow them to be mated.

No evidence of any brazing or glue that I can see.

My nanny's silly soft shaving soap arrived today. :D :cool:

I have Ice and Slice and Arabian Nights softer soap to enjoy, they arrived just as I am getting ready to leave for work.

Hiya,

Got this chrome plated piece yesterday. No idea who made the thing, since there's no name or any other writing on the razor. The case has Bismuth Desleaux on it, so the razor's probably French made. Jake seems to think this could possibly be an old Le Coq, but there's really no way of telling that I'm aware of.

There's been an update on this razor: Seems like it's a Le Coq, made for some other company. Jake sold one looking exactly the same as mine a while back, and Nick mentioned he sold one like it as well. So there we have it.

Sheeeeeesh, it never does end,

Martin

Oh, I wanted to thank Max for helping me out with the shipping cost. Heh, the French ebay seller wanted only 23 Euros if sent to the US, and having it sent to Max first saved me some cash.

Turned out to be a good purchase for a nice price.

Martin

Just arrived from pugh-the-special-one, a tube of C&E 'Nomad' shaving cream and some blades.
Very nice scent and a new one for me to try.
Many thanks pugh :)
regards, beejay

Blyth Spirit said:
Moonraker
From Russia With Love
Dr No
Goldfinger

The latter three are in an omnibus edition, and I still need to acquire Diamonds Are Forever, but a busy weekend awaits.

There is bound to be a mention of shaving in them somewhere.
;)

I'm pretty sure that, in Goldfinger, Bond has use of a Q-modified Slim Adjustable. :cool:

3 x Pre de Provence shaving soap for me and some other soap curious members.

ES29504SV.jpg

...from US ebay member chilly5029 who couldn't be more obliging when filling out the customs declaration form and sending virtually at cost in a prepay envelope.

Back
Top Bottom