Acquisitions - September 2022

A couple of orders from Boti arrived at the same time

Left to Right

Boti 26mm Boar Fan in a Boti Ebonite Handle
Boti 26mm Horse in a Boti Handle
Boti 23mm Boar Fan which I put into a DS Cosmetics Black Badger Handle
That horse hair knot looks really bulbous.
How does it feel?

That horse hair knot looks really bulbous.
How does it feel?
Not as dense as the boar knots. I have the same knot installed in another handle so I have used it.. It is softer than the Zenith 50/50 but has some scritch. I would compare it to pure badger and I like it. To date no problems with tangles which were a pain with Vie-Long knots

Having been busy at work and dealing with a few personal issues, I haven't bought anything in the last month or so. But that all changed the other day when I picked up two soaps I have long wanted to try: P&B's Interlinked and Mastro Miche's Zihuatanejo. The latter is fantastic, boasting a scent very close to a soap I have always regretted selling, Catie's Bubble's La Terre Verte. In terms of scent, however, Interlinked is a disappointment. Yet again with a P&B soap, the smell of the soap base predominates. Cracking performer though.

Hope everything is ok David.

Interestingly enough that's the same issue I experienced with P&B soaps. Only tried 2 but on both the base scent was overpowering. Put me off from trying more.

A few samples arrived from Maggards the other day, I tried the Rawr today and think I’ve finally found my orange citrus scent! It’s amazing! Off the puck I’m not convinced by the Kaizen which I thought would be a slam dunk for me, L’orange verte is ok, it had to happen some time and I found a A&E scent I didn’t like! Glad I only bought the sample now. Any Rawr going to waste? I’ve a few soaps I can trade?! I like it that much it’s straight in at the top of my order list!

Have you used the razor before? It think it might be one of the nicest looking contemporary adjustable razors around.
No. I've got the Rex Ambassador which I enjoy but it does have a couple of flaws. From what I've read, the Konsul is what the Ambassador could have been. I'm a slant fan so I'm sure it will be a good razor for me.