Acquisitions - October 2022

Enjoying traditional hard soaps at the moment and so thought ...

AL9nZEUGiVxo-uzbEyKa9USG0L-rwUFzpaBRgthet-djMATnVa0HIFNYGDD3o2NBABRFvsrBWjr02SlXdHZrP1of8mnm8dU9OI7hAFGKOS4zHfw38trSOvTmr8_whZTatXehJ9x1DY40X6KO8wCU883FrUhpkw=w1200

... which is the unlatherable Sodium Palmate as the first ingredient, but a quick test lather with my Semogue SOC gave me a perfectly good creamy lather, which I think and I am going to enjoy. Scent is glorious!

Enjoying traditional hard soaps at the moment and so thought ...

AL9nZEUGiVxo-uzbEyKa9USG0L-rwUFzpaBRgthet-djMATnVa0HIFNYGDD3o2NBABRFvsrBWjr02SlXdHZrP1of8mnm8dU9OI7hAFGKOS4zHfw38trSOvTmr8_whZTatXehJ9x1DY40X6KO8wCU883FrUhpkw=w1200

... which is the unlatherable Sodium Palmate as the first ingredient, but a quick test lather with my Semogue SOC gave me a perfectly good creamy lather, which I think and I am going to enjoy. Scent is glorious!
I've read that the most recent formulations are actually good performers now.

I've read that the most recent formulations are actually good performers now.
My test lather seems to agree (y)

Glorious scent! It's sandalwoody ... but freshened with light rose, geranium and lavender and lifted a tad with citrus. Very uplifting and outgoing; certainly on the brighter side compared to, say, Floris Santal which errs on warmth and comforting side of things. I think I fancy a bottle of the Cologne, too!

Actually bought in September, but at it's just arrived, I acquired it in October.

Now that I've looked at the total cost, whilst the dollar price for this equalled my previous most expensive item (restored Gillette N-4 Slim), the fact that the pound has been steadily falling recently means that this beat the Slim by £31! Thankfully the purchase was before it fully tanked, or it would have been another £16 on top of the 31!

My first impression is that this is a super piece of kit. I do prefer the fan knot as opposed to a bulb, so this fits the bill. It has a decent weight to it and feels nice in the hand. I shall be trying out out tomorrow.

As added bonuses, if I take this on any mountaineering expeds, I'll always have a back up compass and I have a C&H morale patch and a couple of coffee candies to boot. Make that no coffee candies, they have gone whilst I've been trying this up!

Attachments

• IMG_20221004_133018__01.jpg
    IMG_20221004_133018__01.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20221004_133131__01.jpg
    IMG_20221004_133131__01.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20221004_133250__01.jpg
    IMG_20221004_133250__01.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 14
View attachment 94394View attachment 94395View attachment 94396View attachment 94399

Received today from Japan, my Feather Injector razor in fantastic condition and boxed. The seller also sent me a cartridge of five blades to go with the blades under the razor.
I'm looking forward to shaving with it.
Thanks going out to @Mike Smart for the link for this seller, cheers Mike.

Paul.
I love gold razors, for some reason my shaves feel that little bit more special.
Beautiful razor.

A purchase from a local Afro Carribean beauty product high street retailer, if you look closely on the receipt it says 'Afro Cadabra'. I've bought from them before, but never noticed what they were called, what a great name for a shop.

IMG_20221005_172435570.jpg

And a few vintage razors, including a Valet razor and this Gillette Open Comb.

Does anyone know what razor this is? I had a look on Mr Razor, but couldn't find it. @TobyC & @pjgh

I presume it's a New Long Comb, maybe the handle isn't original? The handle is hollow but has a nice weight to it.

IMG_20221005_172259016.jpg

IMG_20221005_172329191.jpg

IMG_20221005_172403701.jpg

IMG_20221005_174819374.jpg

A purchase from a local Afro Carribean beauty product high street retailer, if you look closely on the receipt it says 'Afro Cadabra'. I've bought from them before, but never noticed what they were called, what a great name for a shop.

View attachment 94441

And a few vintage razors, including a Valet razor and this Gillette Open Comb.

Does anyone know what razor this is? I had a look on Mr Razor, but couldn't find it. @TobyC & @pjgh

I presume it's a New Long Comb, maybe the handle isn't original? The handle is hollow but has a nice weight to it.

View attachment 94442

View attachment 94443

View attachment 94444

View attachment 94446

English Flat Bottom New Long Comb, the handle is a Brit only handle.

Precisely that ^

That handle is actually quite common on the 'New' ... if you look on the 'New' page on Mr Razor, right at the end there are a couple of them: the Jewellry Set and the French Service Set. I have this handle on three, two of which are the bias pin (like Achim shows).

Thanks Toby! I knew you'd be able to identify it straight away.

Precisely that ^

That handle is actually quite common on the 'New' ... if you look on the 'New' page on Mr Razor, right at the end there are a couple of them: the Jewellry Set and the French Service Set. I have this handle on three, two of which are the bias pin (like Achim shows).

Thanks for the reply Paul.

On the Mr Razor New page, The French Service & Jewelery both have the same handle, but both top caps have very small pins. My one seems quite similar to this (but with different branding) one.

How did you find yours in the shave?

Back
Top Bottom