Acquisitions Mon 9th Feb - Sun 15th Feb

Darkbulb said:
This arrived in the mail today.

A Gillette Psycho from the 50's in near-mint (or mint) condition with a working tube-key.
It's heavy, it's great looking and it has a rather interesting history to it. I love it.

2m3il5h.jpg

Wow! Good score!

Yesterday I received a Wilkinson Sword Sticky from the inestimable Mr PJGH off BST. Here's his sale picture of it:

IMG_8734.JPG

I gave it a run out this morning and I was favourably impressed. I equipped it with some of the Personna Reds that he kindly threw in (thanks Paul - I haven't seen the proper red wrappers in ages! I missed them) and have been left with a smooth but comfortable shave.

I can see this one entering my regular rotation, alongside EJ89 and Super Slim.

Simpsons Classic 1 synthetic and a Futur style handle for my Mongoose head. Made in the machine shop at work, a little bit rough in comparison to some of the more polished machinists on this forum but if the design works in making the razor less head-heavy then I'll work on it's presentation.

discodaz said:
12 sticks of palmolive. it was reduced to 20p a stick in the tesco i work at. .......it seems the rumours of its demise are sadly correct =(
R.I.P. cheap and superbly performing soap.

Can you buy me 50 of them at that price and ship to me here in California? :D

discodaz said:
12 sticks of palmolive. it was reduced to 20p a stick in the tesco i work at. .......it seems the rumours of its demise are sadly correct =(

At that price I would buy the whole shelf and ask the manager for more!
I'll stop by my local Tesco tomorrow and check.

p.b said:
Simpsons Classic 1 synthetic and a Futur style handle for my Mongoose head. Made in the machine shop at work, a little bit rough in comparison to some of the more polished machinists on this forum but if the design works in making the razor less head-heavy then I'll work on it's presentation.

PICTURES! :)

i got a Standard razor clone, bit disappointed it's not gillette but the seller was honest and it's in great condition and shaves well :) also, a 1933 Siemens razor - it was released with a battery pack and the head is supposed to vibrate but i'm just getting the razor - for a quid plus postage it was worth a punt.

Darkbulb said:
discodaz said:

Can you buy me 50 of them at that price and ship to me here in California? :D

Mr_Smartepants said:
discodaz said:

50! yikes, would work out a bit more than 20p a stick with postage i am afraid!!
we only had 18 and i got 12. i have limited space and i already have 6 in the cupboard! it is worth asking but these were local reductions, i.e we did them in store with the sticky labels rather than it being a company wide price decrease. snagged them before they hit the shop floor-the girl on the health and beauty department is a smasher!

ChopperHarris said:
Yesterday I received a Wilkinson Sword Sticky from the inestimable Mr PJGH off BST. Here's his sale picture of it:

I gave it a run out this morning and I was favourably impressed.

Hi there,

Kind of a fun change of pace razor that shaves sorta like a superspeed, or at least it reminded me of one. The handle's the thing. Now that is pretty interesting.....the stickum part I mean. It's lighter than most handles and makes the razor a bit head heavy which I like.

Nice addition to your arsenal,

Martin

ChopperHarris said:

IMG_8734.JPG

I gave it a run out this morning and I was favourably impressed. I equipped it with some of the Personna Reds that he kindly threw in (thanks Paul - I haven't seen the proper red wrappers in ages! I missed them) and have been left with a smooth but comfortable shave.

Can't wait to use my own Sticky later in this week for the first time.
Love the design!

missingskin said:
Darkbulb said:

A Gillette Psycho from the 50's in near-mint (or mint) condition with a working tube-key.

One of the few Tech's from that era that has eluded me, so far !! Not keen on the later ones.

Good catch.....

Yeah hissingskunk, seeing that Psycho with the original key mighta got your attention. Hah, I bet it did.

Mr Bulb has a little treasure there.

Marv

dodgy said:
missingskin said:
Darkbulb said:

One of the few Tech's from that era that has eluded me, so far !! Not keen on the later ones.

Good catch.....

Yeah hissingskunk, seeing that Psycho with the original key mighta got your attention. Hah, I bet it did.

Mr Bulb has a little treasure there.

Marv

Have a look in your tackle box and see if you have one please.........

flip-68 said:
p.b said:

PICTURES! :)

Yes - they are coming (in the next few days)

Mr_Smartepants said:
discodaz said:

I just checked, same price as always...50p.

Back
Top Bottom