Acquisitions - March 2024

Small selection from RBC before Royal Mail slam the door on these kind of shenanigans!

View attachment 118074

I hope they will switch to Evri after the ban comes in but I wouldn't be surprised if they stop shipping to the UK all together.

I'm really close to a town where there is a huge amount of knife crime and went to school where it's always on the news for this subject, but banning selling Derby Extras whilst it is possible to buy zombie knives on the web, it's getting silly now...

Would be interested to hear your thoughts on the black and white ZaZa and the three Starmax as not tried these before.

I'm going to try the Tatra Platinum in your picture later today

I wanted the Tatra Carbon but they sent the Platinum instead. I have used the Platinum before (same as the new Tiger brand, I believe) ... see what you think.

Yeah, I'll run the ZaZa and StarMaXx through shortly ... I gather the ZaZa Platinum is on a par with the Derby Premium. We'll see!

I hope they will switch to Evri after the ban comes in but I wouldn't be surprised if they stop shipping to the UK all together.

I'm really close to a town where there is a huge amount of knife crime and went to school where it's always on the news for this subject, but banning selling Derby Extras whilst it is possible to buy zombie knives on the web, it's getting silly now...

It is indeed! Anything sharp and/or pointy (or dull and/or blunt for that matter) can be a weapon if it is used that way ... it's all about intent and context.

I wanted the Tatra Carbon but they sent the Platinum instead. I have used the Platinum before (same as the new Tiger brand, I believe) ... see what you think.

Yeah, I'll run the ZaZa and StarMaXx through shortly ... I gather the ZaZa Platinum is on a par with the Derby Premium. We'll see!

It is indeed! Anything sharp and/or pointy (or dull and/or blunt for that matter) can be a weapon if it is used that way ... it's all about intent and context.
I'll let you know what I think in a SoTD post soon.

Be sure when posting anything written via Royal Mail not to use sharp words or pointed references, lest we fall foul of the very blunt letter of the law!

20240311-205150.jpg

A few goodies that I picked up on a recent trip to Sao Paolo State, Brazil. Locally grown and roasted coffee beans, some shaving creams and blades.

The coffee in the middle, providing you like medium roast, is well above par for a standard supermarket offering. When i picked up the blades and most of the creams, it was also confirmed to me that the Brazilian Wilkies are indeed out of production. Rebranded lord and Dorco seem to be the commonest current local offerings as well as Gillette made in China

20240315_104357.jpg
It was like Christmas today with my mail delivery and completely coincidental.
First up was my newly acquired Vector that was offered to me and comes complete with Stand, Safety bar plate, Open Comb plate and Blades.
I think it's a beautiful looking razor and can't wait to see how it performs.
20240315_104142.jpg
Next up is my newly acquired Stando rod with spare handle and a Yaqi Excalibur, plus blades.
I had never heard of the Stando Rod before until my post in the forum about the Vector and when this was offered I thought this is opportunity knocking on my door with two great offers in succession and decided to throw it open and grab with both hands.
It was a lovely surprise to find some extras thrown in with the shaving soaps and splash, I do love a good mint soap and one I have not tried before.
The soap and splash will be used today in my S.O.T.D.
20240315_104152~2.jpg
Finally I had my new Leaf delivered after my last one broke before Christmas and I finally had the money to be able to replace it. The thorn was on my hit list and threw it into the basket at the same time because too much alcohol loosened my wallet.
(Probably why the wife always pours me a whisky or 4 before hitting me up for new shoes hmmm)
I also grabbed a box of London bridges as I had seen good reviews and a box of Platinum Strangelets super sharp purely Because I liked the box.
Needless to say I won't be buying anything for a good while and I will be busy dialling into all my new toys ha ha

View attachment 118224
It was like Christmas today with my mail delivery and completely coincidental.
First up was my newly acquired Vector that was offered to me and comes complete with Stand, Safety bar plate, Open Comb plate and Blades.
I think it's a beautiful looking razor and can't wait to see how it performs.
View attachment 118226
Next up is my newly acquired Stando rod with spare handle and a Yaqi Excalibur, plus blades.
I had never heard of the Stando Rod before until my post in the forum about the Vector and when this was offered I thought this is opportunity knocking on my door with two great offers in succession and decided to throw it open and grab with both hands.
It was a lovely surprise to find some extras thrown in with the shaving soaps and splash, I do love a good mint soap and one I have not tried before.
The soap and splash will be used today in my S.O.T.D.
View attachment 118228
Finally I had my new Leaf delivered after my last one broke before Christmas and I finally had the money to be able to replace it. The thorn was on my hit list and threw it into the basket at the same time because too much alcohol loosened my wallet.
(Probably why the wife always pours me a whisky or 4 before hitting me up for new shoes hmmm)
I also grabbed a box of London bridges as I had seen good reviews and a box of Platinum Strangelets super sharp purely Because I liked the box.
Needless to say I won't be buying anything for a good while and I will be busy dialling into all my new toys ha ha
Welcome to the ROD club. I’d be surprised if you don’t like it. Polar opposites to the vector. Fingers crossed you enjoy both. For me… the rod came up trumps

Back
Top Bottom