Acquisitions - February 2024

I've been meaning to pick up a Tabac bowl for ages. Likewise with the MWF bowl, but was put off by the whole uncertainty round the old formula secretly ending, the high risk of dud from it's replacement etc. Following on from @pjgh giving the thumbs up on the 2024 MWF current reformulation I jumped in and did both at the same time as soon as Connaught said they've defo got new formula MWF bowls. Excellent transparency dispelled any hesitation to click BUY. I took the opportunity to fend off Bladepocalypse for another year as Paul had some 7 o'clock Sharp Edge on special offer too. Very pleased with my order which came unbelievably quickly as always.
Exactly as Paul stated, the MWF puck is the new formula, the ceramic bowl has the new design without "Original 1893 Formula" but the cardboard outer still has that wording until they're used up. Gonna have to try it now!

Attachments

• 20240221_125307.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 7

If you want an old tallow Tabac bowl, send me a PM.

A fine haul of items!

The Peroni looks like one of those modern Gillette FlexBollock razors.
I hope it doesn't wobble around too much (like I would if I had too much Peroni).

In all seriousness it looks cool and I'm not knocking it.
I love my NeoLux Schrägschnitt which has a fixed offset angle.

The old Valobra base is one of the greatest shaving soaps I have come across. I'm sure you will love your acquisition!

A few bits from town roday.

A leather travel case with two chromium plated canisters.
One has a Gillette shaving brush in it (I don't have one already and fancied having a Gillette one). Only the G is still visible from the logo on the handle but there is a Gillette logo embossed on the bottom. It's the serifed one we see up until I think 1964 which helps to date it.

There's also a possibly unused but slightly corroded shaving soap stick.
From the samples I kindly received from @pjgh, and some subsequent purchases of mine because of those samples, I reckon it's a Boots Old English Lavender stick, circa 1960s.

I am wondering whether the stick can be given a good wash then used. I'm sure the brush can.

I also got a tub of this. I have the Pomegranate one and like that.