Acquisitions 2nd - 9th May

fozz77 said:
moodymick said:
Friend of mine has just got back from Dumfuckistan and brought me a bottle of Aqua Velva (blue type stuff apparently) and some Pinaud Clubman. I gave him a list before going and he said he couldn't be arsed to wander all over the place, so he just bought what was in Asda (Wal-Mart, hmm.. there's something worth asking them to add to their stock over here). Anyway beggars can't be choosers as it won't be costing me owt. Just need to go and visit him sometime soon!

AV is the dogs danglies, enjoy.

Went into Poundland today to get some jiffy envelopes (8 for a quid!). I passed the shaving section and I noticed this blue bottle called 'Aquatonic'. I know nothing about aquaVELVA apart from the fact that we have some die-hard fans on our forum. Anyway, is this aquatonic stuff the same as aquavelva or just an imitation?

I'm useless at describing scents. I sprayed a bit on the back of my hand and it smells a bit lemon-y, musky and refreshing. The bottles look similar too.

Thu 6th May

The goodies from Paul arrived.

Soaps: Tabac // Cella // MWF // P.160
AS: Tabac
Samples: ASs, colognes.

Overall: Connaught Shaving - highly recommended.

sonny said:
Went into Poundland today to get some jiffy envelopes (8 for a quid!). I passed the shaving section and I noticed this blue bottle called 'Aquatonic'. I know nothing about aquaVELVA apart from the fact that we have some die-hard fans on our forum. Anyway, is this aquatonic stuff the same as aquavelva or just an imitation?

I'm useless at describing scents. I sprayed a bit on the back of my hand and it smells a bit lemon-y, musky and refreshing. The bottles look similar too.

Aquatonic? was that not a Brut spin-off?

moodymick said:
sonny said:

Aquatonic? was that not a Brut spin-off?

Come to think of it. Smells back of hand. Yes! It does smell brut-y!
Is Aquavelva quite far off from brut then?

Aquatonic was made by Fabergé , who ofc made Brut.. However i think the brand was sold as they are now made by someone else.
Im told the scent is largely the same tho..

Attero said:
Picked up another for the vintage collection - The Ronson Razor.

lkk.jpg

Nice looking razor Jon. Does it take new DE blades?

No, unfortunately.. takes some proprietary Ronson blades ..
They are Dual Edge , similar size to De's but SE blade thickness
I'm thinking i may be able to cut down a DE blade to fit, but don't know how well it would work.

Shall have a shot later.

prop.jpg

n1vlo said:
acquired this from the bay....under £15 inc post from the states,,,hope it gets here

That looks very nice, Seems a good price to.

This week I've had a slant turn up, I got off Vic Flange (last week) and ordered Nannys soft soap in Citrus Zinger, also arrived this week and seems very good.

Saturday

Ordered some Thayers and also some Musgo goodies together with a Merkur travel OC. Still fully addicted to buying grooming goodies, may I admit.

Back
Top Bottom