Acquisitions, 1st October to 31st October 2015

Continuing my Kenneth Grange design fandom I received a Wilkinson Protector in the mail today.

NIB:
ab0y9x.jpg

Well, it was NIB for about two minutes before I got it out of there - that baby will be shaved with.
qx8180.jpg

Fantastic feeling handle, extremely well balanced and the half-metal-half-plastic seems to work really well here.
Really looking forward to shaving with it.
24cierr.jpg

Received this heavy and rather large vintage shaving mug.
I rather like the size of it but...well...I could do without the decoration on it :)

Mini History
It's a "Wade" from Wade Ceramics Staffordshire, England which has been around since 1810 and is still going strong.
The picture carries the name "Burrell, 1897" but I would guess that the actual mug is closer to 1910-1930,

Wade pottery and ceramics are rather collectible but often won't break the bank. This shaving mug is relatively common and tends to sell for around $10-30 depending on condition.
Mine is in very nice condition with some crackling in the glaze and since I got it for free I guess I should at least try it out once. :)

2j47i2u.jpg

2mqmik9.jpg

The mailman also dropped off a package from Connaught containing two pair of products;

1) Two MWF Hand soaps,
2lsjj86.jpg

2) Two Speick Men Shaving Creams
kcmpo9.jpg

I haven't tried either of the products before.

The mailman also dropped off a package from Connaught containing two pair of products;

1) Two MWF Hand soaps,
2lsjj86.jpg

2) Two Speick Men Shaving Creams
kcmpo9.jpg

I haven't tried either of the products before.
I think you'll be impressed. The Speick (i.e. Valerian Root) has a unique scent, truely unlike anything else out there.

Received this exquisite Dubarry Shaving Soap Bowl, which dates from the late 1930's / early 1940's (British Registered Design No. 817400). Classic Art Deco inspiration, it's in absolutely fantastic condition...

I don't usually comment on this thread but that is very nice and would suit my shower-room to a tee.

Got this Art of Shaving, 'Genuine Badger' (I assume "Pure") brush.
It came as an added bonus in a small lot where I really just wanted the razor.
Turns out the brush is actually rather nice - the handle feels great and the knot was surprisingly pleasant.
I think this will be my brush for tomorrow morning.

1owpaw.jpg

Received this heavy and rather large vintage shaving mug.
I rather like the size of it but...well...I could do without the decoration on it :)

Mini History
It's a "Wade" from Wade Ceramics Staffordshire, England which has been around since 1810 and is still going strong.
The picture carries the name "Burrell, 1897" but I would guess that the actual mug is closer to 1910-1930,

Wade pottery and ceramics are rather collectible but often won't break the bank. This shaving mug is relatively common and tends to sell for around $10-30 depending on condition.
Mine is in very nice condition with some crackling in the glaze and since I got it for free I guess I should at least try it out once. :)

2j47i2u.jpg

2mqmik9.jpg
I can walk to the factory these were made in :) They date from around 1960, I have one myself, albeit of a different design :)

AdobePhotoshopExpress_e704392cc9a346a38e5a6f1548e1e173.jpg

Enjoy it, they work brilliantly for nice hot lather, with freshly boiled water. I find sitting said scuttle in a sink of hot water helps keep the heat in for the entire shave.

@nick_s
Ah, thanks for the help with the dating of them. 1960's does maybe make more sense seeing how crisp and bright the colours still are.
I really do like the design and size. Still not so sure about the picture but hey, it was free so I can put up with that :)
Have you ever been to their factory and do you know if that's the same one that was used back in 1810?

Back
Top Bottom