Acquisitions 1st January to 31st January 2016

How do you find the scent of the soap commande? That one intrigues me

I find it quite sweet, the warmth and smell of the rum really comes out when you lather it up. I can't pick up any of the 'hay' element but not really knowing what hay smells like, not sure what I'm looking for

Chuffin' 'uge bottle of Majmua, pictured aside a 3ml bottle

w1uupy.jpg

I finally got my hands on the HD500 which I bought for £25 off EBay just before Xmas (I always have parcels sent to work)

The razor itself is definitely an English made HD500 weighing in at 71g and I was pleasantly surprised at the condition. Near mint with just minor signs of use.

The case does however pose a question. It does not match anything on Mr Razor at all. The closest is a Flare Tip Rocket case: http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/On...1950s late flare tip Rocket Bakelite case.JPG , but without a silver metallic outer and my case has a couple of metal blade holders which normally just seem to be included with Aritocrats. Certainly the right era. Unfortunately it didn't come with either papers or blades to provide further clues.

The question therefore is do I have a frankencase or is this a new variant of the HD500?

e26e9a22f7f17f37ff5cd659a3a69a01.jpg

99c36cb00c5495eb26c083c11d763d3d.jpg

Sean ...... Those cases were also used for the British New and #77 sets, too ......... Handy to have around for when you score that uncased RFB in future ;)

Thanks, a frankencase it is

The unboxed 'Made In England' ties in with a #77 and the blade holders are clearly from somewhere else

Now there's an oldie but goldie! Guerlain have made some wonderful scents over the years.

Yes a definite golden oldie going back to 1965.

Habit Rouge Eau de Parfum by Guerlain is a Oriental Woody fragrance for men. Habit Rouge Eau de Parfum was launched in 1965. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Paul Guerlain. Top notes are orange, , basil, bergamot, brazilian redwood, lemon, lime and tangerine; middle notes are carnation, sandalwood, patchouli, cinnamon, jasmine, cedar and rose; base notes are labdanum, leather, amber, benzoin, oakmoss and vanilla.

Back
Top Bottom