Acquisitions 11th - 17th April

Smell The Glove said:
Blue Stratos 30ml after shave. 99p from B&M.

This was a TSR inspired purchase. :roll:

The wife likes the scent. If she plays her cards right tonight............ :p

......I'll let her borrow a wee drop for herself. :lol:

(I actually saw the Blue Stratos in B&M the other week and almost bought it!)

lagaffe said:
Smell The Glove said:
Blue Stratos 30ml after shave. 99p from B&M.

This was a TSR inspired purchase. :roll:

The wife likes the scent. If she plays her cards right tonight............ :p

......I'll let her borrow a wee drop for herself. :lol:

(I actually saw the Blue Stratos in B&M the other week and almost bought it!)

It's ok. A definite blast from the past. Tiny travel size bottles though.

Hi

After trying a sample of Trumper's GFT cologne a couple of weeks back, I could hold out no longer and this week purchased a bottle. Never spent that much before on cologne.............but wait, have never used a cream before so next day, back into Trumpers and now looking forward to a Saturday night shave using the GFT cream/cologne.

Regards
Vince
:p

co pilot said:
Hi

After trying a sample of Trumper's GFT cologne a couple of weeks back, I could hold out no longer and this week purchased a bottle. Never spent that much before on cologne.............but wait, have never used a cream before so next day, back into Trumpers and now looking forward to a Saturday night shave using the GFT cream/cologne.

Regards
Vince
:p

Very early on I got it in my silly head that soap was the real deal and creams were not for me. I hadn't even tried a single one, and stuck doggedly to soaps for many months. I am now in a position where I prefer creams to soaps, partly as they are quicker to use I suppose. I know they aren't as cost-effective but what the hell! Enjoy your first foray in to shaving creams! :D

On my recent trip to Berlin and Potsdam i was doing some hunting for Speick products. Made in Germany, they must be readily available huh? Well not around here anyway. It would also seem to be hard to find over there too however, i did get a tube of Speick Cream for E2.25.
Also:

Irisch Moos Sticks x 2 (Shop i saw were selling them off at E1.65 per stick! they only had two on the shelf though - but have been looking in other branches of their shop around me here to no avail at the moment).
10 Cerrus blades - no idea what they are like or who they are made by, but marketed as made for the "Rossman" chain of shops - E1.65
10 Gillette Super Silver - thought i'd give them a try
Tube of Wilkinson Shave Cream 99cents.

Not a bad haul, but wish there had been more Speick around (and more of the Moos on sale :D )

Edit: Oh yeah, i may have just won a 1959 Fatboy from the 'bay! ;)

moodymick said:
A partial Speick AS & cream from BST (John (Clare)) and Semogue 1250 brush. A stick of palmolive (new addition to the weekly shop, till i have a handful - because i can).

Ah, it was YOU who beat me to those! ;) Enjoy!

Two more Palmolive sticks during the weekly shop
30ml Blue Stratos from B&Q (only 99p, so what the hell...)
Distilled Witch hazel (Lloyds Chemists)
Erasmic Stick (never tried this or even seen it 'in the flesh' until I was in Lloyds today)

Back
Top Bottom