Acquisitions 1 June - 30 June 2016

WOW - they look bronze. Very nice. What's the idea of buying two that look exactly the same?
Thanks @p.b :) There is a story to them, the short version is that one is mine and one is a gift for my late father. He loved wet shaving himself, and I would have bought him a nice brush as a gift, and I thought when in Rome...so I bought two and had them made with custom inlay discs, one baring my signature, one baring that of my dad :)

The Marsh Brothers

20160525_092126_zpsqcksdp8g.jpg

My Seygus brass head has arrived back home. Pity I am 5200 miles and four and half weeks away, but I can live with that. Something to look forward to, together with my two new pairs of socks from the Sock Club London.

Last edited:
Probably not everyone's cup of tea...but I was rather thrilled to get it at the price that I did as it's in near mint condition.

If you can't tell :) - it's a Kenneth Grange Milward Courier electric shaver from 1963.
That year Sir Kenneth Grange, 34 years old at the time, won the Duke of Edinburgh's price for Elegant Design.

Technically, the steel cutter screen is mounted in chromium-plated brass with a melamine casing that houses three circular cutting blades. It runs on four "AA" batteries.

34xj34n.jpg

2v0lsls.jpg

It's smaller than it may seem and is surprisingly comfortable to hold.
6fccbb.jpg

I will most certainly be trying it out as the motor and blades seems to work great.

Back
Top Bottom