Acca Kappa 1869

Anyone tried this scent? I have been looking at it for a while and hovering over the buy button.

I read some people comparing it to Farenheight a/s but wondered if anyone has it and what they think of it.

Just spotted this.

I visited The Gentlemans' Shop recently and spent some time mooching around and sniffing various Colognes, Aftershaves etc. Previously, I had convinced myself from reading reviews that I really wanted some Acqua di Parma, but having tried some on a couple of occasions, found myself rather nonplussed, certainly to the extent of not wanting to fork out £43 on it.

I stumbled across Acca Kappa 1869, and was completely wowed by it in an instant. The cologne is described as having:

"An elegantly Italian and distinctly masculine fragrance characterized by the warm notes of a leather accord. A heady cocktail of cardamom and geranium brings freshness to the fragrance and compliments the dynamic notes of iris and violet leaves. The Amber and vanilla reflect a man's warmth and sensuality".

It smells better than it sounds, and nowhere near as flowery. Coupled with a shaving cream which is as luxurious as my favourite Truefitt and Hill Ultimate Comfort, but with an aroma of almonds and marzipan so delicious that it forces you to make the choice between shaving with it and eating it, and an after shave gel (more of a lotion) which is soothing and cooling, the range produces, for me, the most pleasurable start-to-finish shaving experience that I have yet encountered.

Just my opinion, obviously, but I'm completely sold on this stuff. For me, it's an absolute pleasure to use, and an ideal autumn fragrance.

Regards

Ian

Back
Top Bottom