AC/SE Razors- thoughts on what Handle to use.

mpf9ret

Supporter
Supporter
I have been using AC/SE Razors for some time, starting off with the aluminium ones. Like many I found them too light so teamed them with heavier S/S handles.

Since then I have used a range of S/S Razors- Claymore V1, Mongoose, ATT SE1, King Cobra. All these used with a variety of S/S handles- stock,Windrose,Ikon. Have passed on The Mongoose & King Cobra.

More recently I got two versions of The Hawk V3 and use them with a variety of RazoRock handles. Another purchase has been the Claymore Evolution which has quickly become a firm favourite, and I really liked the stock Handle.
I was very happy to carry on as usual, until I saw the Evo being used with a Titanium Handle the shape of which really looked good.The user a well respected Shaver extolled it’s merits. I recently succumbed and purchased the handle, which weighs in at 47g as opposed to around 75 g for most S/S handles.

I tried it out yesterday with great success. The lighter weight was a bonus as it felt secure in the hand, and actually seemed to encourage a very light touch. The quality of finish was Top Notch and attained with ease and not a hint of mishap or post Shave rotation. Seems to be a good choice for me, as time passes my aging hands will not be keen to wield heavyweight Razors.
Has anyone else tried out the use of lighter handles on their standard AC/SE , and what are your findings.

Claymore Evolution + Ti Handle now 86g as opposed to 110 with stock Handle.

C685C630-4218-451B-970B-8A5250549BFA.jpeg
W

I use lighter handles on various stainless AC razors, especially Hawk OC, the General, Mongoose and Rocnel. As well as the default stainless handles, I bought the ultra-heavy "Big Bomber" for the Mongoose, and have used other stainless handles from the inventory.

However, I have taken to using Rod Neep handles, especially with the Hawk, as they fit, are long enough for my taste, and not too heavy. They are resin, but still sufficiently heavy, and not far off Ti weights.

The bottom one is a unique handle I asked Rod to make, to match the LE (9?) Ursa Major brush he made. The handle gets used, but the brush, which also has the silver dot inlays for the Ursa Major (Great Bear) constellation, has never seen soap or water.

IMG_1264-EXPO-20220714.JPG

Back
Top Bottom