Above The Tie LLC: Closing

Sadly, I read this.
113745060226492b64b8cf475caf7066aa6ab80f.png

Here’s my take on it for what it’s worth.
A fundamental error in their business plan.
rising costs means the buyer must carry the burden however wrong this may be.
I have the Windsor Pro in Copper,
A wonderful looking razor but in reality doesn’t perform is well as it looks.
The likes of Blackland, Rocknell & Wolfman all different price ranges and very bespoke razors,
For me ATT failed to adapt to the changes in wet shaving & their price points were based on good looking razors as apposed to Good razors that i wanted to use.
Personally i wasn’t a fan but i’m sad for the people that were.
The Windsor Pro deserves to be made in the states & when they moved to china it was a total error of judgment.
I just wonder who wants to buy a cheap windsor from china with inferior materials & workmanship.
As i say i’m sad to see them gone but the writing was on the wall.

I don't care about this. It's on the factory to found the best solution.
About me, I've cheap razors that are actually expencive and vice versa.
I look at the q/p ratio about the result. Not the just the tool.
I agree. I have the Windsor Pro and it's a great razor. If no one else is getting ripped off in the process, I'm ok with outsourcing. That move probably helped give ATT a bit of a lifeline.

I agree. I have the Windsor Pro and it's a great razor. If no one else is getting ripped off in the process, I'm ok with outsourcing. That move probably helped give ATT a bit of a lifeline.
I’m the complete Opposite.
Yes i’m all for outsourcing but not when it effects quality & craftsmanship.

Like everyone else on here i have expensive & i have cheap
very cheap but to think a pro getting made in china fills me with dread

I have the R1 and the S1 and S2 slant combo (2014 purchase), and they're first-class razors. I didn't find anything in the later offerings that interested me enough to buy it, and the prices seemed to have rather "got ahead of themselves" (plus all the usual USA to UK cost and aggravation).

However, what I had from them can't be faulted for design, quality of manufacture and shaving effectiveness, and it's a great shame to see any outfit that isn't a megabucks corporation decide to exit this market. It's also a bad omen for the present times, and indeed the future of this type of operation, at least in the West.

I think it is sad. The ATT M1 was the first SS razor I owned, I owned the S1 Slant and also the Copper Windsor. All from Stan's era. Granted they were never the most exciting of razors, but they were solid, well made. I reckon Stan was one of the pioneers of Modern Wet shaving.

In my opinion, and this is an opinion only, they were one of the first stainless razor manufacturers. They should have reinvested their profits into larger runs of razors, which would have lowered their cost per razor significantly. Had they done so, today they might be one of the largest and (domestically) cheapest razor manufacturers around.

Again, that's my opinion only. I don't know what they did with their profits over the last 10 years. Probably invested in new razor designs and house payments.

Back
Top Bottom