A question of (Scots) etiquette

Is it wrong to eat a "morning roll" in the evening?

(I was introduced to them in Tesco at Kingston Park, Newcastle about 10 years ago - where they had enormous banners up "Tesco - proud to serve Scotland" - well within England and 49 miles from the border at it's nearest point - and couldn't answer my question at customer services when I asked "so what?" - I've since found far more authentic suppliers of them - not least Jackie Lunn of Galashiels and Ford's of Prestonpans)

HM Here it's Mortons rolls that are the firm favourite. Crispy or soft, sold everywhere, they wouldn't last till evening as the shelf life is only a few hours. The crispy ones cut the corner of my mouth. That's how hard I am.

Nails Rangers :evil:

you won't catch me Muffin an Englishman no matter what time of day it is.

it's no more wrong than square sausage.

what i can't get away with is my piece is now bait :cry:

and a roll is a teacake :?

rangers62 said:
HM Here it's Mortons rolls that are the firm favourite. Crispy or soft, sold everywhere, they wouldn't last till evening as the shelf life is only a few hours. The crispy ones cut the corner of my mouth. That's how hard I am.

Nails Rangers :evil:

I love Mortons rolls, when I make the trip back home there are always a load in supply for a few egg n tattie scone doublers :D
When I depart on the journey south I stock up on a dozen, the majority of them end up getting scoffed on the drive down :) dry rolls and Irn Bru lol what a feast.Must admit the driver's seat needs a bit of a sweeping out when I get home.

Back
Top Bottom