A one pass shave

I read a piece by someone describing the merits of a one pass shave this morning.

Now since taking this shaving lark seriously, I have developed a long drawn out ritual of a three pass shave followed by a final tidy up with a final squeeze out of the lather left in the brush. The whole thing seems to take ages. I love every minute of it!

Now this guy suggests I try a one pass shave. Well, I was in a hurry this morning. And gave it a go. Not bad. Good enough.

All day I've been stroking my face and missing that baby smooth finish. It's back to the usual ritual tomorrow. It's funny how what I did for over 40 years has suddenly become unacceptable.

It's best to take your time over the things you enjoy. When I play golf - I could just play 6 holes. And while my wife was pleased I got it over with quickly today, I can think of other things we do together that she would not want me to do too quickly.

Same here, when I was shaving with a cartridge it was one pass with minimal preparation, with a DE it is two or three passes with lots of time and hot water to soften the stubble so it is not really a fair comparison to the days of cartridge shaving.

I have tried cartridge 3 pass shaves, basically repeat the same as my normal DE shave but with a cartridge instead. While it is better than a single pass, I found I got quite bad irritation on my neck after only a couple of days, I concluded the multi blade is still responsible for part of the problems with my shaving routine before entitlement. However I believe the cream / soap and a good brush has lot to do with both the quality and enjoyment if the shave. If you had also reverted to a can of foam with your one pass you wouldn't have been saying good enough.

I assume you refer to the speed you grocery shop when you do that together ;) , I whiz round the shops and wife is always telling me to slow down.

Back
Top Bottom