A northerner in the south…

Welcome Lipsey! I spied another Dorseteer on here last week, but have been a bit tardy in catching up!

Dermot O'Logical said:
Hi and welcome, from a native Southerner. There are a few of us on here, and it's tempting to arrange a get-together at some point. Fido's buying, obviously.

Sounds good, where are you then Ian?

It must be a particular brand of urinal cake, as I haven't connected the Arko smell to a trip to the loos yet...

I actually think its more citrus than bleach, but I find it's the Minor-League MWF of the Olfactories, folks either likes it, or they doesn't, or they aren't particular either way ...

hmmm ... not as useful as or insightful as one would hope I suppose, but then, it is morning.

Oh! ... and, welcome to the Room Lipsy.

Welcome aboard, as others say give the Derby's a chance.They are a good blade and a lot of people use them without any problems.They just get a pounding from people who don't get on with them and constantly mention it.So Fido when is this new forest meet? Game of golf beforehand? Couple of beers in your local :D

Boab said:
Welcome aboard, as others say give the Derby's a chance.They are a good blade and a lot of people use them without any problems.They just get a pounding from people who don't get on with them and constantly mention it.So Fido when is this new forest meet? Game of golf beforehand? Couple of beers in your local? Free bells and brushes all round? Very kind, don't mind if I do. Tour t-shirt too with the dates and venues on the back? Thanks. :D

Nice one Boab!

Well, I am going to stick with the Derbys for a little while, but I'm sort of itching to try another blade – I'm not sure if it's my technique (probably) or the blade, but I do seem to have to work hard to get a clean shave. Moreover, I haven't been entirely satisfied with the shave to on my neck...

However, I know that I should get my lathering right and everything else before I start blaming the tools. I was, however, impressed with the lather I got from the Arko stick, so I might give one of the creams a go tonight.

I also fancy having a nose in that shop in Lyndhurst that Dermot O'Logical mentioned somewhere else on the forum...

Lipsy.

Lipsy said:
Well, I am going to stick with the Derbys for a little while, but I'm sort of itching to try another blade – I'm not sure if it's my technique (probably) or the blade, but I do seem to have to work hard to get a clean shave. Moreover, I haven't been entirely satisfied with the shave to on my neck...

However, I know that I should get my lathering right and everything else before I start blaming the tools. I was, however, impressed with the lather I got from the Arko stick, so I might give one of the creams a go tonight.

I also fancy having a nose in that shop in Lyndhurst that Dermot O'Logical mentioned somewhere else on the forum...

Lipsy.

I heard that some Derbys (the packages that has a the razor blade tilted on the front) can be iffy, you can try and "cork" them if you think they´re scratchy. Take a wine cork (or another cork) and gently draw the razor blade edge through the cork.

Rev-O said:
Boab said:
Welcome aboard, as others say give the Derby's a chance.They are a good blade and a lot of people use them without any problems.They just get a pounding from people who don't get on with them and constantly mention it.So Fido when is this new forest meet? Game of golf beforehand? Couple of beers in your local? Free bells and brushes all round? Very kind, don't mind if I do. Tour t-shirt too with the dates and venues on the back? Thanks. :D

Nice one Boab!

:lol: :lol:

Thanks chap (or "eh up, lad")…

I have more blades to play with now, oh yes…

And yes, I shall probably dip into some vintage razors as well. Where to start?

Lipsy

Back
Top Bottom