A long time ago in a forum far, far away..... Shave Wars!

As I mentioned in my introductory post I found my way from Badger and Blade in the hope of finding more UK related sales and trades. I've been reading through the back catalogue and came across some of the history with B&B. I mean, what the heck???!!

How it it possible for a wet shaving forum to end up so contentious? Is the whole internet like this? Do those 7 year olds over at puppy and horse riding forums stab one another with scissors at the first opportunity?

I've been on a few forums over the years and seen a few blow ups, but they were all politically charged sites where feelings run high.

Perhaps someone who was there can tell me how is that sort of thing even possible?

That is, if it is not too rude a question for a newbie. If half the stuff I have read here is true, I'm considering not going back to B&B.

My own problem with B&B is their banning of any mention of Connaught Shaving which is possibly the very best on-line place to buy anything shaving related.

This means I (a member there for three years under a couple of user-names) can't point new UK shavers in Paul's direction which is ridiculous.

Anyway, I mainly pop over there now to sell stuff and make sarcastic posts - most of which go straight over their heads due to the sarc(h)asm which exists between us 'n' them.

This site is refreshingly un-PC without straying into the offensive (well, mainly - and that has tended to be me) - something which would make the mods heads over at B&B explode.

Wook said:
Perhaps someone who was there can tell me how is that sort of thing even possible?

That is, if it is not too rude a question for a newbie. If half the stuff I have read here is true, I'm considering not going back to B&B.

It's not rude but there isn't much else to it, we broke a few forum rules, so they decided to ban a few of us and then strangle the life out of social group by not allowing any more entrants

Most UK newbies, couldn't find UK related info easily on B&B so anybody asking was immediately directed to CONUK, it was for some more popular than the main forum itself, which was also a problem.

Although we didn't think so, it was the right time...we'd out grown it so we shuffled off to here like refugees.

Over here the right to bear arms means rolling up your shirt sleeves before lighting your pipe or digging your allotment.

They don't "do" (or get) irony and they didn't like our particular brand of banter. Hence TSR.

My Mum says Norway is the best country on earth because they discovered America five hundred years before the Spanish and had the sense to shut the fuck up about it.

Even poor old Fido got kicked out for having a grumble using some proper British language. He has one or two close friends there to keep an eye on things.
My daughters were quite proud to think I could still get thrown out of anywhere these days.

I often post on a forum dedicated to non-league football (being a Hucknall Town fan) and every Thursday we invade a random forum with the sole purpose of wrecking their bandwith or upsetting as many folk as possible in one evening of cyber-football-hooliganism and internet-warrior-carnage.

The National Rifle Association was a particularly good night's work.

A number of times I've been tempted to put forward a particularly American-heavy, meterosexual, ultra PC yet subliminally right-wing, gun-crazy, flag-waving, ye-ha-ing shave-geekery site for 'mad'-Thursday invasion.

As yet I've not hit the 'submit post' button but you never know.

joe mcclaine said:
I often post on a forum dedicated to non-league football (being a Hucknall Town fan) and every Thursday we invade a random forum with the sole purpose of wrecking their bandwith or upsetting as many folk as possible in one evening of cyber-football-hooliganism and internet-warrior-carnage.

A number of times I've been tempted to put forward a particularly American-heavy, meterosexual, ultra PC yet subliminally right-wing, gun-crazy, flag-waving, ye-ha-ing shave-geekery site for 'mad'-Thursday invasion.

Dammit that sounds fun!!!
I could give you one or two forums for you to have some fun on, with a few people who will really bite to certain things ;)

joe mcclaine said:

If you ever do Vinny, give me a heads up as that sounds like a whole lot of fun. I do visit that site every so often and usualy have to refrain from extreme sarcasm... :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom