A Little Idea...

I have 3 brushes and 3 razors, (small potatoes to some people on here), and I have been looking for a while for a stand that would hold them all. I haven't been able to find a stand that will hold more than one brush and one razor at a time, so I designed this (see picture). What do we think?

If the feedback on the general concept is good, I might consider trying to get it made. If it looks like a goer, and anyone would want to come in with me on this, I would consider taking on a couple of partners.

Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• Razor Tree.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 232
Yes. I was thinking of a housing device that would hold up to 8 brushes, or 8 razors, or any combination of both, say 4 brushes and 4 razors, or 6 brushes and 2 razors and so on. The design would be able to hold cartridge head, or DE or straight razors, or almost any type of brush.

I seen this one over one B&B ages ago, not expensive and looked OK, never found it over here but it fits most of my criteria

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=71174" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=71174</a><!-- m -->

displayimagephp.jpg

Wow AudioL , that box in a nice battleship grey or gunmetal would both look incredible & be very serviceable for such as I who use only one of anything at a time. Not so sure that it suits those who have s few razors / brushes they want handy to use in rotation though.

JohnnyO. :cool:

For me the tree is too much exposed at the one time. I like to have one brush, razor and soap out on the counter, while they may change regularly a tree with them all tiered like that would just be a dust collector in my house. Even the Test Tube Rack in my avatar sits in a cupboard and I have a single stand in the bathroom that holds the razor and brush I used that morning, nothing else is on display in the bathroom. I think the bathroom is the wrong place for long term storage as it is too damp regularly hence why it is one at a time for me.

Not a bad idea and some have done things very similar using pipe racks but not for me I am afraid.

moodymick said:
I had my eye on a rather nice late Victorian / early Edwadian smokers cabinet at our local auction room recently. Don't know exactly what it went for, but topped out my £165 :evil:

In case anyone thinks that's a barmy amount, it came with Mrs Ms seal of approval. Which was nice! :shock: ;) :D

I have a nice walnut pipe rack with space for 5 razors and a little slide which covers a compartment that holds a hundred or so blades.

I also keep a look out for smokers cabinets but would get another rack like I already have like a shot.

Back
Top Bottom