A little help needed please.

Firstly,i may be duplicating a previous thread so apologies if i am.

I have tried single edge shaving before,only once,and my face felt like i had taken an electric sander to it,it was sore for days,poor technique on my part as i had a half decent razor,ever ready 1912 and a reputable blade from Connaught.
I no longer have the 1912 as in a fit of pique over my efforts i gave it away along with the blades,i now have an Ever Ready bathroom set,which is basically a standard Ever Ready head with what appears to be an aluminium handle.
Can anyone advise me on a decent blade,or should i just re-order from Connaught and at what angle i should present the razor head to my face.
Many thanks in advance.

Dave.

I have searched Amazon and ebay many many times for single edge blades. Most are too rough and blunt for shaving. In lieu of anything better I would go for the Connaught ones. I did and I know they can leave you feeling it but just go extra light and careful - you can always increase the pressure slightly if needed. An extra day's stubble might help too.

Angle-wise I just go for 'almost flat'. Bit imprecise but if you aim for that you might find the shave gets less sore and a bit closer. Might make it less likely to stab yourself with the thick blades!

trainman said:
Firstly,i may be duplicating a previous thread so apologies if i am.

I have tried single edge shaving before,only once,and my face felt like i had taken an electric sander to it,it was sore for days,poor technique on my part as i had a half decent razor,ever ready 1912 and a reputable blade from Connaught.
I no longer have the 1912 as in a fit of pique over my efforts i gave it away along with the blades,i now have an Ever Ready bathroom set,which is basically a standard Ever Ready head with what appears to be an aluminium handle.
Can anyone advise me on a decent blade,or should i just re-order from Connaught and at what angle i should present the razor head to my face.
Many thanks in advance.

Dave.

Yes just re order from Connaughts for the blades will arrive in 2 days flat. As for the angle almost flat against the face then bring out slightly, you will hear the blade when you are at the right angle. Other golden rule no pressure I repeat no pressure, then enjoy.
Regards,
Pete

Back
Top Bottom