A Gold rocket flare tip question.

I aquired a standard flare tip rocket last week I have shaved with it a couple of time now and since the first shave I could not stop thinking how good it was and had to get another so off I went to the antique shops and the only razor I found was a Gold flare tip rocket.
The gold plating on it is very thin do you think its a good idea to get it replated?

Depends how cheap you get it for, if less than a fiver then why not. A replate might cost you £15 or so (not sure).

That would approach my max value of an unboxed example that had been replated or just keep as it is for back up.

Dave is the daddy at re-plating, I tried locally and got silly prices to re-plate, mainly because it was outside of their area of experience but Dave does a first class job and a reasonable price.

I have had an abused Shave Grade Fatboy replated by Dave.............he stripped it, got it working properly again, replated it and repainted the Adjuster numbers, now it looks real nice and is a regular in my rotation...

Steve

I just know I'll regret asking this Steve, but exactly how many razors do you have in your regular rotation M8 ? & whilst I recall, how did you get on with the MWF ?

JohnnyO. :D

JohnnyO said:
I just know I'll regret asking this Steve, but exactly how many razors do you have in your regular rotation M8 ? & whilst I recall, how did you get on with the MWF ?

JohnnyO. :D

i have seven that i use in my day to day Rotation right now......Futur, EJ89L, Fatboy, Slim, Mergress, 11c, HD

But i also have an Ikon, Portable, and a couple of other merkurs to hand.

i also have twenty odd vintage Gillettes, a sticky, and some single edge razors but these are all in VVGC or Mint so i tend not to use them much

hunnymonster said:
I can recommend Dave at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.safetyrazors.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.safetyrazors.co.uk</a><!-- m --> for replating... did a stonking job on my Executive.
I had a look at the link he's on annual leave at the moment.
Just out of interest how much did you get charged for a replate?

Big.Dave said:
Just out of interest how much did you get charged for a replate?

I'm really not the one to ask... we're about the same age, grew up in the same small town, where there are precisely 2 high schools... and I provided him with something or a lead on something that he'd been looking for for ages... I should have declared that interest earlier :oops:

n1vlo had some stuff done by him - dropped it in in person I think.

Back
Top Bottom