A gentleman walks into a jewellers...

An older, white haired gentleman walked into a jewellers late one Friday afternoon with a beautiful girl several decades his junior. He tells the jeweller he would like a special ring for his girlfriend.

The jeweller looks through his stock and finds a £5,000 ring. The old man says, "No, I'd like to see something much more special than that."

The jeweller goes to his special stock in the safe and brings back another ring. "This one's is platinum and diamond and at £50,000 its the most expensive ring I have." The young lady's eyes sparkled and her whole body trembles with excitement. The old man says, "Well if that's the best you have then that's the one I shall buy, nothing is too good for my darling."

The jeweller asks how payment will be made, and the old man said, "By cheque, but I know you need to make sure my cheque is good, so I'll write it now, and you can call the bank on Monday to verify funds. I'll pick up the ring on Monday afternoon."

Monday morning, the jeweller calls the chap saying, "What are you playing at? There's no money in your account!"

The old gent replies, "Yes, sorry about that old bean, but let me tell you this weekend has been quite the best weekend I can remember!"

Jeltz said:
SirPrize said:
How on earth did you get to hear about this? :oops:

My mate's the Jeweller anyway it wasn't you, it was some chap called Anton von Tripp. :mrgreen:
Of course it was (phew) - that was precisely what I meant!
(So your mate was the jeweller eh? - purely out of academic interest - not that it really matters - which jeweller?)

Back
Top Bottom