A cheap way to exfoliate your face

Blademonkey

Supporter
Supporter
i like many of you exfoliate my face as part of my prep routine, at first I used the micro beads face wash untill I found out that these little beads do a lot of harm to the fish and other living things in our seas so I started to use a more natural product containing crushed walnut shells but these tend to be more expensive.
A few weeks ago I had a lightbulb moment and thought why not use my boar shaving brushes to exfoliate my face, l load the brush with face soap and in much the same manner as if I was face lathering I wash my whole face using circular motions, not only does this do the same job as the product I used to buy but it also helps to speed up the breaking in of your boar brushes.
Give the brush a good clean to remove all traces of soap and leave to dry or use your now hydrated softernd brush for you morning/ evening shave.
Now I'm not buying exfoliating face wash I now have more money to spend on shaving products. :)

Last edited:
Sounds like a good alternative. I've got a brush that needs cleaning, so I'll give it a go.
When I've gotten oil on my hands, I use sugar and washing up liquid, works a treat, maybe sugar and soap would work too. Maybe a little harsh though.

Sounds like a good alternative. I've got a brush that needs cleaning, so I'll give it a go.
When I've gotten oil on my hands, I use sugar and washing up liquid, works a treat, maybe sugar and soap would work too. Maybe a little harsh though.
Yes I think sugar would be too harsh on the face but like yourself I have used it with soap on my hands when needed, very efective indeed.

I don't feel the need to 'exfoliate' before shaving.
I think a razor and a sharp blade will take care of exfoliation rather nicely ... :p
I'm not saying you shouldn't do it.. If it feels good for you, then - well - good for you!
It does feel good for me but I realise it's not for everyone, to exfoliate or not....a question we must all answer for ourselves. :)

All my boars are soft as a fine badger pelt. Maybe you want a pure badger? [emoji12]
No thank you, if it's badger it's got to be silvertip for me and when my boars get as soft as Silvertip badger I will invest in a new boar or two :) although I could use my Shavemac two band D01, that's got some scritch to it.
There is a grade of badger that I have not seen but could be up for the job, that's the pelt around its arse, as in "as rough as a badgers arse"!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom