8/8 Filly Rescale

I have been after a reasonably priced big blade for a while and snagged this of the Bay.

Its one of the old Filarmonicas and it is a full inch from toe to heel so virtually no wear:)
I have hand polished quite a few blades before but the hardness of this steel was in another league! I decided to quit while I still had fingers and moved onto the scales.

Filarmonica scales are the worst of any razor so they came off and I went with Ebony with a Rosewood wedge. I finished them with beeswax so a nice matt natural finnish with the the protection they deserve.
The shave... http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=11413&pid=156126#pid156126

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Nice little custom job, nice blade, does look like it as had very little use or wear, i'm looking for a nice blade myself for a custom job, but luck must be on my side this week, as I have managed to win two nice blades on the Bay. hopefully with more to come.

Jamie.

Nice catch Jay! Those Filly scales are often crap, same with Double Duck scales, really a shame with such nice razors. Both brands where high end and should have put more pride into their scales, I think. But you did a nice job on your customs :D

Back
Top Bottom