51 Members and appreciation for Boabs hard work

Looking at the member list just there we now have 51 members (taking out the admin account). I can see from the post counts that I am a culprit of spending too much time posting here when I should be working for the man.

I wondered what are people thoughts so far, are we all having fun and finding the site useful? I like the format and I find collaborating with UK guys easier in terms of shipping and I like the fact that we are free to talk about any vendor and give my honest opinions on where and what to buy.

I also wanted to take a moment to say thanks to Boab for his efforts, there is a lot of work in keeping this going and he clearly is the unsung hero of this site.

Boab needs thanking every day for the work he puts in to this site. I'm sure everyone appreciates it. Morale here appears very high, with lots of up-beat and helpful posts mixed with a healthy smattering of banter. :p

I too spend way too much time here, but I suppose it makes up for the fact that I have no social life to speak of. :cry:

Yes, thank-you Boab. Very good work and much appreciated.

I too spend quite enough time here, but am really glad of the company at the moment, so thanks to the rest of you as well.

Thanks guys, glad you all enjoy it, that was the driving force to setting it up.Once I get things running smoothly and settled it shouldn't be that time consuming to maintain. :D

Boab said:
Thanks guys, glad you all enjoy it, that was the driving force to setting it up.Once I get things running smoothly and settled it shouldn't be that time consuming to maintain. :D

But surely as Moderator you have to be vigilant 24 hours a day, alert an prone, ready to spring to action at the first sniff of ungentlemanly behaviour? ;)

oh yeah that... ;) I figure that people who join a discussion forum like this will know where to draw the line in terms of good taste.We are all adults who enjoy banter and the ribbing that comes as part of that.My moderation is only to tidy up posts that are duplicated and move things which are in the wrong section.Like the title says over 1000 posts in a week and no problems, and that includes discussions on subjects like politics which are always discouraged at other places.Intelligent adult discussion will always be welcomed, right along side the low brow piss taking :lol: After all we are all here for a laugh as well as to share experiences brought about by our great affliction sorry hobby.

Pig Cat said:
Boab said:

But surely as Moderator you have to be vigilant 24 hours a day, alert an prone, ready to spring to action at the first sniff of ungentlemanly behaviour? ;)

Cookie, anyone? Free with any razor you buy from me.

It's that or chow down a . . . cockie ?!?!?!?

Hob nob?

Thanks Boab for making this happen. Of course, soon the power will corrupt you and before you can say 'Not cool' you'll have banned us all. However, until then - thank yew, thankyewverymush. :D

Ollie - I hope you are insinuating that my only contribution to this forum is trivia and smut. I would hate to have given the impression that I enjoy wet-shaving in any shape or form! :lol:

Pig Cat said:
vigilant 24 hours a day, alert an prone

Honor where it is due Boab - you are my sort of chap (in a heterosexual way)
Remaining both alert and prone at the same time must take some doing - whenever I am couchant I tend to fall asleep.
Long live the revolution!

SirPrize said:
Pig Cat said:
vigilant 24 hours a day, alert an prone

Honor where it is due Boab - you are my sort of chap (in a heterosexual way)
Remaining both alert and prone at the same time must take some doing - whenever I am couchant I tend to fall asleep.

In my limited experience it is while lying prone that one must be most alert.

(thank you for alerting me to the meaning of the word 'prone'!)

Pig Cat said:
(thank you for alerting me to the meaning of the word 'prone'!)

Not at all - I am rather prone to that sort of thing.
I have had some of the nicest moments of my life prone and am rather prone to being prone whilst doing so.
Also, one is rather prone to to relaxing while prone, and am also prone to contemplation whilst prone while being prone to a tendency to fall asleep while being in this prone state.
I hope that clarifies things - I would not like it to be thought that I was prone to long-windedness or verbosity.

Back
Top Bottom