49 and "Disillusioned" with the "High Tech " Razors

Hi Folks! A self-confessed "Grumpy-Old-Git" - totally "pissed off" at the ever increasing number of blades/lubricant strips/vibrating handles etc. of the over-priced,under-performing,gimmicky,modern-razor... CRAP!
After almost half a century on this planet,I FINALLY have taken the plunge and started wet-shaving with a DE razor.I use a Merkur Futur (set @ no.2),Ingram Shaving Cream...and a bristle - NOT badger - brush (simply prefer it!).
I also use an Egyptian Cotton facecloth - steeped in VERY hot water - beforehand,to facilitate the shave - and plunged into ice-cold water and applied to the face,post-shave,to close the pores.
Ritual?...Of course it is! Enjoyable?...Extremely! Now shaving is no longer a "chore" that MUST be done...but an act of self-worship/pampering,that you actively look forward to,each and every morning.
Glad I joined your "family" - full of useful hints/tips ...and informative sites.

Attachments

• Winter Wolf..jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 186
Hi & very welcome Alan. 'Fraid you've got a couple of decades to go before truly qualifying as one of us "Grumpy old gits" ; however you seem to have made an excellent start at your (comparitively) young age & if you persevere I'm sure you can attain real "Old git" status !

JohnnyO. ;)

AlanDanDaly said:
Glad I joined your "family" - full of useful hints/tips ...and informative sites.

Welcome to TSR! Yes, it is rather like a family. A grumpy (ant) Dad, a batty old Nanny, rather a lot of childish behaviour and quite a few contenders for the 'black sheep'. :D Apart from that we all get on great, and even better we don't actually have to meet up at Christmas.

Hi Alan. It's so refreshing to see someone speak their mind and talk straight. Could do with a few more here. :lol:
Have you tried alum in your post shave routine. good stuff.
Hope you enjoy your stay.

Back
Top Bottom